Story Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hell of a life

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Hell of a life - Page 4 Empty Re: Hell of a life

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 2:55 pm

76. Still loving you

Elvina stood on the top of a small mountain.

She felt a bit relieved. At first she had very bad feelings about this, leaving guards to watch over Adele. But she needed supplies, and maybe some time for herself. She also missed her friends.
Close to Ravenswatch she bumped into Celestia. They had a nice talk and even went on a small adventure. Elvina always could use some “resources” as well, since she was not very... rich.
She kept worrying about leaving Adele’s side for a couple of days and Celestia must have noticed her mixed feelings. She said it was just fine and made Elvina aware of something important... Elvina barely smiled lately.

Elvina grinned to herself hearing Cel saying it when Elvina asked her if there was anything she could do for her.
“Elvina, there is one thing you can do for me right now!”
“Off course Celestia, you know i always want to help out...” Elvina replied.
Celestia laughed,”Smile, Elvina, smile! Wide and brightly!”
It, opened up something... answering Celestia with a smile.
And for a minute it seemed to supersede everything...
Her worries about Adele, missing her friends, feeling responsible for a quarrel between friends, the thing with Zinna, the assassin attack, being rather poor...

She looked down at the city, calculating it would take only one more day to reach it. A small breeze came up, making her white hair flowing in the wind.
Elvina waited a bit longer, enjoying the view and recalling what else happened in these past days.

Just before she hit the mountains she noticed a strange glow near the woods. Elvina cloaked herself and got closer to investigate. Her eyes widened as she noticed a portal... brightly spreading an orange light. It gave her goosebumps, but in the wrong way.
While observing the unnatural phenomenon she suddenly heard something down the path, behind her.
A dark dressed figure walked in the direction of the portal. Perhaps this was the one responsible. But before he hit the open spot, a couple of orcs jumped out of the bush in front of Elvina, without noticing her. And it seemed they were after the dark figure.
She decided to jump in, promising herself that she would question the stranger later.

It was an unbalanced fight. Elvina’s powers were significant, but the stranger also seemed to be a rather powerful warlock. The first two orcs fell immediately, the dark skin on their backs hissing from Elvina’s acid attack.
One in the front was taken down by the stranger, the flesh burning in the evening dusk.
They finished off the remaining orcs together. And then suddenly, the fight was over.
But when the stranger looked at his right he realized Elvina wasn’t there anymore. She appeared on his left side at a reasonable distance, just to shock him a bit.
And she had reason to do this, making the impression she was not the least.
“Who are you ,” Elvina asked, but only to get the same question as reply.
“Hmm, you don’t seem an assassin to me, are you one?” Elvina observed his silhouette.
The stranger took of his hood. It was a male, an elf... but not a dark elf.
It seemed they were both distrustful. They asked each other a couple of things. And the elf couldn’t explain the portal either.

“So how do i call you miss?” he tried again.
Elvina smiled a bit ,”Call me Kitty. And you?”
The elf grinned, “Call me Pluto.”
Before they could continue their conversation, the portal suddenly hissed, and a second later they got overwhelmed by bladelings gushing out of the bright yellow circle.
Elvina barely had the time to activate her most powerful defense, only to notice it didn’t hurt the creatures a lot.
It complicated things but again, their joint powers stopped the little wave of the bladelings.
But it didn’t stop after that, some small demons and even a succubus joined the fight.
When the last of them was put down, Elvina investigated the portal. It seemed to fade.
Nothing much else happened, and after a small conversation Elvina and the stranger called Pluto went their separate ways.

She looked up at the moon, it was almost daybreak. As soon as she saw Celestia or Darion, she would report about the portal.
Her thoughts went back to Adele.

The moment for the ritual was getting closer and Elvina got a bit worried again. What changes would it bring? Her heart started to pound heavily in her chest. She shook her head... her feelings for Adele... Some of her friends knew, some were worried, and some probably rather … unpleased.

Adele did ‘stupid’ things, yet Elvina believed in her. Her friends never let Elvina down when she did something wrong. And as long as she believed in Adele, she wouldn’t let her down.
And wanting to be with her, was it so wrong? Because of the warm glow she felt in her heart everytime she saw her? Because of the desire to feel their fingers entangled? Because of they were both woman? Because she believed that giving love also helped people? ...

Elvina shook her head.
No... it was nice to have feelings for people, some made her weak and even sad, but they also made her human. She just needed to put things in perspective, accepting them as part of her life. If she could do that, she might even get better in controlling them and preventing any hidden feelings feasting upon her heart.

Elvina turned her back to the city with the moon above it. On the other side the sun was coming up, just passing the mountain ridge.
Elvina whispered to herself ,” Adele, i’m still loving you.”

The black-clad woman walked down the path, descending the mountain, her long white hair followed, waving in the wind...

Admin
Admin

https://storyknights.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 2:56 pm

77. Favorite

Zinna stopped when she saw her. Angela was walking down the path near Ravenswatch,... with some man at her side...
“What the... ,” she whispered to herself.
In her mind she went back to a couple of weeks ago...

-----
Zinna entered her room when it was almost night. Darkness spreading the room and when she put on a candle she was shocked.
On her bed was a man... no, not a normal man... it was the Master!
She remembered he got up when she made the room lit, his smile looked warm... but his eyes felt cold.
“My lovely Zinna.... ahh, finally you show up. I’ve been waiting for you, you don’t mind me sneaking in here, don’t you?”
Zinna looked around and saw alot of her paperwork on the ground, on the bed, on the chair.
“M... Master?” was the only thing she could say, her knees shivering.
He walked towards her. “Where is she?”
“M... Master … i … “ Zinna assumed it was about Elvina.
The Master stopped at 10 inches from her, his face dangerously looking now.
“My Favorite... where is she?”
“Master, i’m sorry... i had a quarrel with her and … i left her... please don’t hit me!.....”

The Master gave her a blow in the face. “Where is she???!!! My Favorite !!!?? I can’t feel her anymore!!”
Zinna fell back on the ground, blood dripping out of her nose.
“Master please, i don’t know... i left her...”
She got another hit in the face, a boot this time, knocking her head against the floor. He was just too fast for her. She almost fell unconscious.
Zinna opened her eyes a bit, the Master his boot was hovering above her face.
“If you don’t start to talk soon, i’m crushing that pretty face of yours and take you back as my succubus slave! WHERE IS SHE !!?”
“Master, Elvina was...” she started.
“STOP, hold... Elvina? You thought i meant Elvina?” He stepped aside and helped her up.... he put her on the bed and started to tend her wounds.
“My sweet girl... i’m not talking about Elvina. I’m talking about Angela. Where is she? Have you seen her?” His voice sounded sweet.

Zinna quickly nodded, glad with the fact the beating didn’t go on.
“She got … crazy, my Master... she killed fleetmen and was on the run... wanted by several others too... i … i...”
The Master smiled, seemed happy with the little information ,” Easy girl, easy, tell me the details... i’m not going to hurt you anymore... ever.”
Zinna told the Master how she visited her, about what Angela told her what she had done, but by the time she came at the part where Angela talked ‘bad’ about the Master, she hesitated.
“Master... is she leaving us?” she dared to ask.
The Master only looked at her with sad eyes, he didn’t get angry. “I think so Zinna... she might have … ‘understood’ some things wrong. I think our bond is broken... ,” he sighed.

After a silence he started to talk again. “We need to find her, Zinna, i’m going to put a couple of other ‘people’ on it. But also you. She needs to ‘find’ her way back to me. Right now, if i find her, i would probably banish her to the deepest hell i can find. But somewhere... i don’t want that to happen, my dear Zinna.”
“Master, what can i do? And what about Elvina... ,” she stopped, knowing she probably stepped out of line.
He only strokes the face he just almost messed up. “Elvina can wait... she doesn’t suspect a thing... she won’t run anywhere. Angela on the other hand... hmmm.”
“Yes Master?”
He sighed again ,” To break a bond like this, she must have met someone powerful. Not many people can do this. I need you to find out who is capable of doing this. Just... ask around, say you need help with a possessed friend or something...”
Zinna nodded ,” Off course Master.”

The Master turned to her. “It will be ok with Elvina you know... ,” he looked at her. “I take it something happened between you, but in the end it will be alright. You’ll see my lovely Zinna. I know you still love her, and that is good … for you and the cause.”
“Master? Angela knew something about your plan with Elvina, but i don’t...”
He held his hand in the air ,”I will tell you a bit then... i assume you are my new Favorite now.”
He stroked her chin softly and kissed her, healing her lips with his power, he kissed her cheek, making the wounds undone.
“We will do the ‘ceremony’ a bit later... ,” he said grinning, while looking at the bed ,” … but first we talk... ”
-----

Zinna shook her head, was it really Angela? She cloaked herself and hid in the shadows, deciding to follow them and listen.

“You did very well Jacob. Tell the rest of the men also to go home.”
Angela was talking to the man as if he was a soldier. Only problem was he wasn’t dressed like one.
“Right Hawk, until we meet again. You know where to find us.” Zinna saw Angela nodding and stroking some feathers on her right shoulder while she turned around and walked down the path towards Ravenswatch.
Zinna had a serious déjà-vu when she jumped on the path in front of Angela.
“Hello there Angela, or shall i call you ‘Hawk’ hmmm?”
Angela was so surprised, she lifted her sword in an eyeblink, just stopping under Zinna’s chin.
Zinna was suprise too, but responded cold-blooded. “You killing friends these days? You seem a bit nervous to me Angela. Whats on your mind?” She grinned.
Angela kept the sword were it was. “Zinna? What the hell are you doing here?”
Zinna shrugged,” Ow, me? Only visiting a couple of friends. You?” She said it while looking at the man on the horizon.

Angela didn’t respond first, and Zinna, who tried to sense her, could feel ice cold self control. Angela ‘changed’ even more since last time. And it wasn’t just her outfit, which was as flamboyant as the previous.
Angela’s voice sounded razorsharp,” Not of your business.” She turned around and walked towards Ravenswatch.
Zinna hesitated but ran after her, “What the hell, what the hell?! Hey, its me, Zinna, good to see you by the way, lovely day isn’t it. So, how was jail?”
Angela stopped and turned around, her eyes showing anger, Zinna couldn’t do anything else but to shiver.
Angela walked back towards her until her face was very close. “I didn’t see you in there, i wonder...”
Zinna shook her head,” I didn’t know you were there. I came to visit you, but you were released. Where did you go anyways?”
Angela’s face softened a bit. “Far from Cear, away from... misery.” Angela stared at the city. “I’m starting a new life Zinna. And i won’t be home alot.”
Zinna looked up. “Where is your home then, Angela?”
Angela didn’t respond immediately. “You can still find me from time to time in Two Bridges, however... i’m probably cancelling that room in the future."

Zinna took a risk. “Angela, the Master... how can i escape from him? Can you help me?”
Angela turned around, widening her eyes. “What are you saying girl? Leaving the Master? You?”
Zinna shook her head. “I have no clue anymore what he wants, and this thing with Elvina...”
Angela turned to her. “What about Elvina?”
Zinna quickly told Angela what happened between her and Elvina.
“So, let me get this straight, you turned your back on Elvina? And now, you are afraid from the Master? And you want to turn your back on him too?”
Zinna didn’t answer but hoped her expression was enough to confirm it.
Angela observed her, really carefully,“ I don’t know Zinna, i have to think about it, how...”
Zinna almost exploded “What!? You storm in my room to tell me to run with you and now... you have to think about it???”
“Easy sweet girl... i said i have to think how.”
“Ow, you will help me then, but... why think about it.... just do it like you.... i...”
Angela studied her. “But later, not now Zinna.”

“But... ,” Zinna tried ,” He... he... visited me...”
“WHAT!” Angela’s eyes widened.
“He beat me up, asking where you are...”
“What did you tell him Zinna?!!”
“I said i didn’t know and he kept beating me...”
Angela looked at Zinna’s face “When did this happen, i don’t see wounds or anything...”
“Some weeks ago, i visited a healer and spend a huge amount to fix what he did.”
“You need to hide, search another place to sleep, not an inn. And stay out of sight. I’ll see if i can come up with something.... however ,” she looked sharply at Zinna ,” If you lie...”
Zinna controlled herself barely.
Angela kept looking and said ,” Right, here, the key from ‘our’ room in Two Bridges. I might be there over a few days... or weeks. And don’t be shocked when i enter the room with a person.”
Zinna looked curious ,”A guy?”
Angela didn’t answer as she was already walking down the path.

Zinna hesitated. She should report this to the Master. After all she was the Favorite now.
She shook her head and walked down the hill into the forest.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 2:57 pm

78. Warning

Elvina was walking through the city, her mind going back to the past days.

-----
She went up to Lendose to get some supplies and met some friends at the inn. She even joined up for a fight at the battlefields. How long was that ago?
They returned to the inn, and after a few hours only she and Calimus were still up.
He was a friend of Celestia, and Elvina remembered him from a vampire attack, fighting at his side.

She grinned to herself. There was too much wine that evening. Fact was that Calimus was a nice person to chat with. Off course Elvina would never tell him about her current “mission”, but she told him others things she wouldn’t directly tell to anyone... without trust, … or wine. Personal things. The guy gave her the feeling he could be “trusted”, at least most part of the evening.
It seemed he also had a “secret”, which Elvina guessed. He only talked briefly about it. Which made Elvina tell him something about herself.
Afterwards she was wondering if that was wise. She never got really drunk, also not that evening, but the wine seemed to loosened up her tongue.
Not that the “information” she gave could harm her afterwards... but still.
The evening ended, with Calimus being a typical guy, with his humor making a few jokes about women and their private rooms. But Elvina also did something “weird”... playing a short hide and seek game with him... which he won!
Well, she probably liked him in a way.
It brought her mind back to Marcellus Longstrider. A man she hasn’t seen anymore since he helped her with things for Adele.
Anyways, it was good to have new friends and don’t forget the ones that passed, or gone away.

Elvina just left the Mystivale inn where she picked up a delivery and had a nice unexpected conversation with a girl named Raxde.
The girl showed Elvina some excellent tricks with a rapier. Her defences were phenomenal... afterwards she appeared to be a real duelist... a girl who saw a lot of challenges in the arena.
She also seemed very nice and they shared a few stories about their pasts.
Elvina also guessed Raxde’s ‘origin’, and while Raxde seemed a bit anxious about it, Elvina tried to make Raxde feel at ease about it. She would surely look Raxde up again in the future, and maybe even ask her to teach Elvina how to handle a rapier.
-----

Now she was on her way back to Adele when suddenly a bluish-haired woman stepped out of a shadow.
“Miss Elvina?”
Elvina stopped and was on her guard immediately. That face, the hair, it was familiar... but where has she seen her before? Her armor was colorful, although Elvina would never pick those colors.
“Who wants to know?” Elvina asked.
The bluish-haired woman smiled weakly. “Some call me Hawk, others Blue... but my true name is Angela.”
That name ringed a bell, but Elvina kept it for herself, not sure if she was the same...
“What do you want, miss Angela?” Elvina sounded a bit distrustful.
“Can i walk with you? And talk bit on the way?”
Elvina nodded, but choose another temporary destination. “I was about to go to the inn here in the city. Perhaps we can continue our conversation there, it's not far, so.”
Elvina deliberatly choose a spot where many people came.

They took a seat at the table near the bar, and after ordering a meal and some wine, Elvina folded her arms.
“Well miss Angela, about what do you want to talk, and how do you know my name?”
Angela relaxed a bit as she first seemed a little bit nervous.
“Finally i meet you in person, its truly... an honor i guess.”
Elvina frowned. “What do you mean?”
Angela shrugged. “Nevermind. I believe we can help each other. I’m going to tell you a story, and a problem i have. I think in the end you will see what i mean.”
Elvina yawned ,”Is this going to take very long, cause i also have other things to care about.”
Angela leaned forward. “I have come to warn you Elvina.”
“Get in line Angela, there are a couple people before you.”
Angela shook her head ,” I’m not her to threaten you, but like i said, maybe to help. Does the name ‘Eligor’ sounds familiar?”
Elvina almost fell of her chair while leaning backward, her eyes widening. She got up from her chair and touched Angela’s arm.
“Not here, go up, the first room to the left. I will follow you in a few.”

A couple of minutes later Elvina entered the room, Angela was sitting on the bed, looking up at her.
Elvina’s eyes were burning like coal. She saw Angela shivering but didn’t care. “That name... how do you know about him?”
Angela tried to control herself,” Elvina, please lower your defences and your voice... there is nothing to worry about... not yet.”
Elvina barely managed to get a grip on herself, and was very close at the point where she simply would grab the woman and smash her against the wall. That name... Eligor... the devil who ruined a big part of Elvina’s life... she thought she was finished with him, yet... she hears his name again.
While lowering her defences, Elvina took a seat. “Then tell me... i am all ears...”

Angela sighed. “Eligor was a disciple of my former Master. A Master who i managed to … 'abandon', however...“ she looked up at Elvina ,” … this doesn’t count for Zinna.”
Elvina jumped out of her chair ,” WHAT??? What the hell are you talking about?”
Angela shook up. “I’m sorry Elvina, please let me continue my story and you will learn more about the situation.”
Elvina was shocked. Here she was with a strange woman in a room talking about two pretty sensitive subjects. What the hell...
Angela continued,“ Zinna talks about it as ‘the day it happened’. Something you remember probably.”
Elvina was biting her lip heavily, swallowing every urgent question she wanted to ask. She nodded.

“I am not from around Elvina, as you probably already noticed. I was a servant of my Master when it happened. I know Eligor made ‘contact’ with you, while my former Master did with Zinna.”
Elvina couldn’t keep it to herself ,” Is Zinna under influence of a devil!!?? Has she been whole the time!?”
Angela nodded. “Pretty much, the day it happened a bond was formed between my former Master and Zinna, just like it happened between you and Eligor. Although this last bond wasn’t complete. Eligor wasn’t very powerful, not as powerful as the Master.”
Angela took off her gloves, exposing hands with blue fingernails.
“Zinna came to talk with me. She wants to leave the Master too, so she said at least.”
Elvina narrowed her eyes. “You came to ask me to break that bond? I can’t... i barely survived Eligor. If my friends w... “ she stopped, anxious to tell more about it. “We must help her...”
Angela looked at her. “Maybe i can help her, i don’t know. And i am already helping you by telling these things. Yet there is more to tell, but first i want to know if you can and want to help me.”
Elvina shook her head “I want you to finish this story about Zinna and me, then you tell me how i can help you and we will see... after all... you came to me, not the other way around.”

Angela paused for a bit and she seemed to think about it.
“I’m sorry, i can’t do that. You see, i don’t trust many people, and even knowing your reputation... doesn’t make me feel to tell more.”
She crossed her arms over her chest.
Elvina smiled a bit ,” It seems we’re both stubborn in this. Very well, tell me about your problem and i’ll let you know if i’ll help you. If i do, you continue the rest of your story.”
Angela nodded. “Nice of you to keep the church in the middle. To release myself of my devil Master i found someone with great power. He broke the bond or at least heavily disrupted it. I saw Zinna and she said my former Master was looking for me. So i guess it worked. But by doing this i rolled from one cage into another. As soon as i realised the problem... i tried to avoid ‘them’. Anyways... there is someone i love... very much actually. He helped me alot too.”
Elvina’s mind immediately went to Adele for a brief moment. She nodded, “Go on.”
“This ‘organisation’ that helped me ‘dealing’ with my devil Master finally caught up with me... and my love. They... “ Angela shivered a bit ,” … marked him.” She looked up at Elvina. “I want ‘them’ of his and … my back, or just ot make sure nothing is going on..."

Elvina got up out of her chair, her eyes furious. “Are you asking me to kill people??! You must be crazy. If i kill any people it’s because i have a damn good reason myself or when it’s ‘ordered’ by someone i deeply trust. I don’t trust you at all! I mean, how can i even know what you are telling about Zinna is real? Yes you know Eligor, and Zinna, and you know about the day it happened... but maybe it’s all just a trick!”
Angela sighed. “I know this sounds weird, yes... now you know what i want, but maybe we don’t have to kill anyone. Although i have a good reason... Amil, he...” Angela stops suddenly. It seems she didn't had the intention to mention that name yet.
Elvina’s eyes widened a bit, but she controlled herself. Now she knew which Angela this was, she already heard about her. And Amil she already met... but there was no need to show Angela here she knew a couple of things, not yet that easy.
“And assuming i would follow or take out people, who do i have to kill then? You have names?” Elvina sounded sarcastic.
Angela looked up at her. “They’ll probably soon send someone, i’m not sure who. Father will send him or her .”
Elvina looked up,” Father is your problem!!? Hmm... perhaps i...”
This time Angela’s eyes sparkled ,” He’s my concern Elvina!, ...and i’m not asking you to kill anyone right away. I’m working on another plan first... but if that seems a bad plan or fails, … “taking out” might be plan B.”

Elvina took a seat again. “I’m not saying i will take out anyone... but i might think about helping you. Please tell me the rest of the story about Zinna and your former Master.” She hoped to get more information this way.
Angela nodded; “Like i said, maybe i can help Zinna, maybe not. Maybe it already helped telling you this. Maybe you know ways how to handle a bond between a devil and his slave.” Angela studied Elvina’s face.
“Elvina, there is something else too. He wants you. My Master... he wants you. Just like Eligor wanted you.”
Elvina turned pale. “Does it never end then, why... what does he want from me?”
Angela tried to stay calm ,”He wants you to be his new Favorite... but even more then that... he wants you as a Dark Princess... and something else...”
Elvina shivered. “I don’t have a bond with him. How would he manage that?”
“With Zinna, Elvina... with Zinna.”
Elvina remembered her last ‘talk’ with Zinna... it matched... somehow...
“Elvina?”
“What Angela!?”
“He’s turning Zinna slowly into a succubus.”
Elvina shivered, even after all the fights she had with Zinna,... she felt the need to help her... maybe there were some things that could be explained between them. This has been a secret between them for about ten years...

Elvina shook her head.
“Let me get this straight : Your former Master wants me, Zinna is his tool and her bond has to be disrupted to avoid that threat. In return for your ‘warning’, you want me to search, stop or even ‘take out’ some people threatening you and your love. The same people that disrupted the bond between you and your former Master. Ow, and for desert, Zinna is almost a demoness? Am i correct?”
Angela nodded.
“Are you completly insane!? I even have no idea what to believe or where to start!” Elvina got out of her chair again, walking up and down the room.
She knew a couple of things matched...
“Angela, how do you intend to help Zinna, breaking this bond?”
Elvina saw Angela shaking her head. “I don’t know yet Elvina... but if she forms a threat before we find a solution... i can ‘remove’ her... if you w...”
“No! No way Angela, you are not taking out Zinna! If i hear she died, i will be looking for you first.”
Angela shivered a bit ,” I know... i don’t like it either... i know her better then you think. But like i said... only if she forms a threat...”
Elvina looked angry but then calmed down. “You gave me a lot to think about. Meet me here over three weeks. Then we’ll talk further.”

This gave Elvina some time, she also had other things to do and this came on top of it...
Could she ask her best friends for help?... she shook her head.
They have their own concerns and troubles and Elvina had no intention to drag them into this line of the story.
She could hear Celestia almost say it : “No more demons or devils...” Great, she felt the same, and maybe she could add Father and his ‘team’ to the list as well.

Yet, this seemed to be a big warning...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 2:57 pm

79. Bleeding love

Zinna got back to Mistyvales, right after her unexpected meeting with Angela. She stood before the door, knowing there was a big chance the Master was here... waiting for her reports.
She didn’t had many other options, but now she had to make a choice :

Or she betrays Angela, and she and Elvina will be together again in the nearby future... but she had no idea how that would happen, or how the Master would accomplish this.

Or... she betrays the Master, in the hope Angela could help her break the bond and set her free too. However it probably means that she would never have Elvina again.

She stood there near the backdoor of Mystivales, plunged in thoughts, for maybe an hour, hiding in the shadows.
Suddenly she heard a familiar voice. Elvina!
Zinna quickly ran to the front, staying in the shadows. On the other side of the road she saw her, talking to a man.
Her heart jumped seeing the beautiful woman with her long white hair. Even after their fight, her blood still ran warm when seeing Elvina.

Zinna crossed the street on another place and sneaked through some bushes to get closer.
“Can i trust her?” Zinna heard Elvina whispering to the man.
“Yes you can, i believe in her. Her intentions are good.” the man answered. He was dressed in black and had a cape. Zinna couldn’t see his face.
“Tell me one good intention of her. One.” She saw how Elvina crossed her arms.
The man was silent for a brief moment, then answered. “She wants to help you. Warn you.”
She saw Elvina nodding ,”That is correct, at least that is what she told me. Hmmm, maybe i will be helping you. I will see her again over a couple of weeks. Now i have other things to do. Take care Amilcar.”
Zinna saw Elvina leaving in her usual way, not traceable.
That name, Amilcar... where did she heard him before?
The man jumped on his horse and rode towards the gates, leaving hidden Zinna alone with her thoughts.

She could always make another choice. Waiting. But wait for what? What could possible happen that would determine her choice? Her heart was screaming for Elvina, but her mind told her to leave the Master, just like Angela did.
Maybe she also could start a new life... without Elvina then... but... she had still many hundred years to live. She would probably have to leave Cear then and maybe stay away from people for several years.
Zinna wondered how Angela did it. After all, she wasn’t really hiding anymore. Wasn’t she afraid the Master or his minions would spot her soon?
It was as if she cut her own heart open... what other choices did she have?!

She felt like going crazy, and her heart was bleeding...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 2:58 pm

80/81. Unexpected meetings

Elvina was on still her way to Adele, but only after she finished up a small conversation with Amilcar. She had a lot to think about.
While walking through Cear she missed an old woman staring at her.
Suddenly she heard a voice behind her. “Miss, … miss?” It sounded creaky.
Elvina shook up and turned around. A little old woman was a couple of metres behind her.
She smiled ,” Hello there miss, can i help you with something?”
The old woman came a bit closer, her back was bend a bit with age. She looked up at Elvina with one glassy eye, but the other eye was clear as the water of a mountainstream, and very blue too.

Elvina felt a bit uncomfortable, but tried to keep smiling. The old woman was clearly observing her. Suddenly her finger went up in the air, her good eye widening. “I... i know you girl... white hair... it is not common.” The old woman started to breath heavily.
Elvina’s skin tickled as goose bumps were forming on her arms. She made two big steps and fell on her knee in front of the old lady. “You... you know me?” Elvina whispered.
The old lady looked at her, it seemed as if she was trying to remember something. She responded by stretching her arm and taking a tress of Elvina’s white hair in her hand, softly rubbing it between her fingers.

The old lady sucked in some air before she started to talk, very softly, her good eye blinking.
A frown appeared on her forehead. “Artega... ,” she stopped.
Elvina shivered ,” Who... that name... it sounds...”
The old lady looked at Elvina’s hair again. “He... he had the same hair as you.” Her eyes closed. “A little girl, and a baby... both white hair...”
Tears appeared in Elvina’s eyes. So far, she didn’t meet any young people with white hair like hers. “Baby? Like... in a … br....?”
The old lady blinked again. “I remember Artega... same hair as you have. And that face...” She was stroking Elvina’s hair, slowly. “Twenty years ago, or maybe more... i saw them leaving. Artega stayed behind, with one of my neighbors.”

“The name of the little girl... miss... you remember? The parents... ?”
The old lady frowned, then closed her eyes. “It’s so long... ago... didn’t knew his family actually... only remember Artega... same white hair...”
Elvina begged ,” Please... where does he live, Artega, is he still around?”
“He left Cear, long ago, ran off when he was 13 or 14 years... after his foster parents died... looking for his family i heard.”
Elvina cursed in herself. “Your other neighbors might remember something, can you please show me where he lived?”
The old lady shook her head,” No use girl, many of them were old and died, some moved but never heard of them again. I can show you, you ask around... but i’m afraid... it won’t help much. Only old Ada still around..”
“Who?” Elvina replied.
The old lady pointed to herself,” Me...”

Together with the old lady, Elvina visited the neighborhood... but had no succes.
She spended some time with her, drinking a nice cup of tea. The old lady remembered rumors about Artega being spotted near Tristan... but Elvina visited the place so many times, it was probably useless. Still she had a lead... a name... Artega... she closed her eyes and tried to remember her childhood. But she couldn’t remember anything about him... a baby...
But the name sounded familiar and she decided to follow this feeling. It must be a lead.
In return she told the lady some things about her own past, but avoided the sensitive subjects. Elvina promised Ada to return now and then, as they both hoped Ada might remember other things. But to Elvina it was more important... Ada was probably a link to Elvina’s family... minuscule... but it was there... Elvina believed it. She had to.

The news turned her world a bit more up side down. She took a serious detour to head back to Adele. Her heart was pounding when Elvina was thinking about her, now, watched by guards.
“Ow Adele, i’ll return as soon as i can...” , she mumbled to herself.

Tristan... but as she could have expected... it turned out useless, nothing.
She started to ask around, even outside Tristan and ended up near Ravenswatch.
Elvina was sad... and there was still so much to do.
Seeing to Adele, this whole thing with Zinna and Angela, Marrent, and now a possible lead to family...
It tore her apart... she wished she could do everything at the same time.
She decided to travel to Lendose, the inn there served really good wine... and perhaps there were some friends of the front. She really needed to clear her mind for a moment.

Elvina ended up at the bar. The inn was almost empty and no one familiar appeared to be there. Elvina was staring at her cup of wine. The bottle next to her was empty. Good thing the wine didn’t took off. She grinned to herself. One soldier tried to make a conversation with her but Elvina wasn’t in the mood to talk with a stranger, so she made up a really boring story that made the man suddenly remember his other “duties”.

“And you didn’t leave anything for me,” a familiar voice sounded behind her. She knew that voice and without looking she ordered two cups of wine.
Then she slowly turned around. Sammil Card, … Adele’s husband …
It was some time now since she saw him.
Elvina was leaning against the bar, clearly half drunk, she rolled with her eyes.
“Great. Now you got me... ,” she started while shoving over a cup to him. There was no running out of this... not anymore.

What Elvina couldn’t know was that they would spend the day together, filled with interesting conversations and even a bit of adventure with some Vanguard...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 2:59 pm

82. Doing the right thing - part 1

Elvina stood outside of Adele’s room, leaning against the wall while all kinds of emotions were running through her body.
She tried not to think of what was going on in the room behind her. But instead, a summary of her memories about Adele besieged her mind.

Her heart was screaming, her mind trying to control it. Yet she had the feeling she didn't do anything wrong... not that she could have stopped him... Sammil...
Cel was probably going to kill her now but since Elvina and Sammil matched some stories, Elvina also had to 'peel an egg' with Cel. She didn't care anymore. She loved Adele but there was nothing more she could do. Sammil however was her husband... he had the right to see his wife... even though it happened by 'coincidence'.
And this ritual... when was it going to happen?
Tears appeared in her eyes when she saw how Adele and Sammil were reunited... she quickly left the room giving the pair their well deserved privacy.

Her heart was pounding heavily when the door suddenly opened and Sammil came out of the room.
If she didn't interfered when he wanted to enter that very same room, he would have been pierced by the blades of the guards. Eventualy Kate and Elvina told him what was going on.
And there he was again, after spending some time with his wife. He had been crying too and seeing him like this made Elvina feel even more guilty. She fell in his arms and cried on his shoulder telling him how sorry she was. He comforted her, saying it was alright... that he was very grateful...

She smiled weakly when she left the temple... Sammils words still lingering in her mind “And if you disappear, i will come looking for you. You are part of our lives now, El .”
For her heart... she did the right thing.
But at this very moment, the only thing Elvina wanted to do was crawl into the smallest hole she could find and have a really good cry...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 2:59 pm

83. Doing the right thing - part 2

This was her chance. Elvina followed a dark figure into the swamps. She cursed as a memory about Adele struck her and reminded her of how much she hated the unbearable stench of this environment. But for this person she ‘gladly’ made an exception.
How did she always end up in these situations?

After staying a few days in her room, Elvina decided to clear her mind in a different way and picked Lendose and the battlefields as her destination.
On her way she also ran into Darion with who she had a small but emotional conversation.
Once in Lendose she ignored the inn with the good wine and directly set course to the battlefields as she believed she would be more of use there then hanging half drunk at some bar.

Just when night struck, Elvina, who always traveled cloaked, picked up a track. Orcs!
It was easy to follow them and they ran right into the direction of the swamps. Elvina nearly lost her interest until she suddenly caught up with them.
It was a large group but not an army. It drew Elvina’s attention immediately that the Orcs were very silent.
They seemed to listen to someone in the middle of them and Elvina decided to get closer.
Her heart stopped when she saw him... Marrent!

Now she was interested and started to follow the group. She was unsure on what do to but she let her instincts guide her into what she would next.
It was clear that they didn’t notice her. Their interest seemed to be to look for something else. Between the trees in the swamp Elvina suddenly saw big shapes appear... Koalisks.
The Orcs didn’t immediately attacked the Koalisks and it even seemed they were about to turn around and leave.
Elvina decided this could be a real opportunity. She was seriously outnumbered, but if she could drive Marrent and his group closer to the Koalisks she might have a chance.

It was still night, which was both an advantage and disadvantage. Nightly attacks were really great... she could do some kind of guerilla tactics, flanking and disappearing, making hit and run attacks... however, she also knew Marrent was very strong at night.
She shrugged. It would only be the right thing to do... and if she was really lucky she could capture him by daybreak.

Marrent turned his head as suddenly two of his bodyguards fell, without having any visual contact with an enemy. However, it was as if he could feel a presence.
Then his Orcs made some noise and that was more than enough to draw the attention of a few Koalisks. The Vampire cursed.
His group did quick work off the lizards, but not without losing two more Orcs to their mysterious attacker.

Elvina was impressed. She already killed a few Orcs and hurt a couple, yet they seemed to protect Marrent. These were not the ordinary Orcs she knew.
It became clear Marrent was turning his attention to her now, looking for her. He didn’t seem to see her, however his eyes turned in her direction, or almost. It was creepy since only a few people could see through her concealment. It was almost as if he felt her.
She decided however to push on, killing even a few more Orcs. But Marrent became also more and more aware of her presence. He even almost grabbed her. She barely escaped his claws.
After she took out half his bodyguard, Marrent started to gather energy.

“Enough!” he hissed.

Elvina shivered as she could feel the death magic spreading in the atmosphere.
And just before she was about to take out two more Orcs, he unleashed his power at the area where Elvina was sneaking. She took a big blow and for a minute it felt as if she was turned inside out... she fell in the water, face down.

The Koalisks were her rescue. As they heard the ramble they saw Marrent and his group and attacked en masse. Elvina was knocked out a few seconds but the cold water woke her up again.
Moments after the concealed woman with long white hair was floating in the water, she moved again and two burning eyes saw Marrent leave the swamps, unharmed but probably fleeing for sun. It was almost morning.
Still, Elvina couldn’t persue Marrent,... she was injured and barely found the energy to get out of the water.
She cursed as she realised how lucky she was. What the hell was she thinking by taking on Marrent all by herself?
Somewhere, she could feel the answer, but she couldn’t lay her finger on it.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:00 pm

84. Doing the right thing - part 3

Elvina was back in Cear. The past two weeks so many things happened. She was wondering if she ever could catch up with it.
She stood near the door of the Buck inn where she would meet Angela again. Before entering she thought back at their earlier conversation. Zinna was under influence of a devil, which explained her behavior. And it was something Elvina didn’t wish anyone... She didn’t love Zinna anymore, at least not in the way as with couples. However, they had a big history together with lots of good moments. In fact, their “bad” moments were only something of the last months. And Elvina knew she also had part in this, her feelings...

She took a deep breath and stepped in, already sorry for the fact she didn’t meet up with other friends in the past weeks. But she had to do this.
Besides, Elvina and Angela seemed to share a common enemy too. Marrent and his crew.
She shook her head as she took the stairs up. One of them was very weird and Elvina decided to keep an eye on her from time to time. And she wouldn’t be the only one. Somewhere she heard that Angela used to be ‘friends’ with this person. So she would have to watch out twice with what she was about to do.
Still, she somehow trusted mister Pluto in a way, remembering the first time they met. The guy didn’t seem to carry evil inside. Maybe it was because of the fact they shared the same powers, Elvina was less harsh in her opinion about him.

Just before she knocked at the door of Angela’s room her thoughts went back to Adele. Finally, finally she was cured... however seeing the ritual left scars in Elvina’s mind. There were moments she almost ran off, moments she almost wanted to stop it... the details were … she shrugged. For Adele it was far worse what she had been through... hell...
In the days after she went back to visit Adele, bringing her some flowers. And... they talked... or at least Elvina did. No more secrets, she just told Adele how she felt and promised to stay around.
She looked at the door, knowing that only Cel knew what she was up to. She told Adele a little too, about Zinna and her bond.

Elvina knocked and Angela opened the door, her expression very serious.
“Hello Elvina... i... was hoping you would show up... but i didn’t expected it.”
Elvina took a seat near the desk. “Let me get this straight. My first concern is Zinna. You are going to help me with her, and i’ll help you with Marrent.”
Angela interrupted her ,” Elvina, leave Marrent to me. Like i said, he’s my concern. I want my future husband to be safe.”
Elvina looked up. “Husband?”
Angela showed a silver ring at her hand.
Elvina nodded ,” I see, well, congratulations then... anyways... “ Elvina fell silent and her thoughts went back to the past. For a moment she could see Zinna again, standing there in their elvenhome that Zinna decorated to celebrate their first wedding anniversary. It was that day it happened... and it was all Elvina’s fault. If only she didn’t open that stupid portal, Zinna would have never met her devil. Thats the reason why she had to do this... the right thing.

Elvina continued. “Do you know where she might be?”
Angela nodded. “Some weeks ago she showed up at Ravenswatch, and i gave her the key of my room in Two Bridges. She might be waiting there for me now.”
Elvina got up ,”Right, we leave at once.”
“Erh, wait... Elvina, i … don’t trust her... we have to be careful.”
Elvina got angry for a brief moment. “And i don’t trust you either... you are an ex-Canite, just like Thana. I heard you were friends and that she is the one who marked your ‘future’.”
Angela shook her head. “I understand how this looks like.”
“Keep it to yourself, i’m trusting Pluto more then i trust you....”
“Pluto? Owww you mean …” Angela giggled briefly.
Elvina looked sternly at Angela who immediately fell silent.
“Are we get going Angela?” Elvina repeated.
Angela got up too. “Yes, but i’m going to ask ‘Pluto’ to join us.”
Elvina nodded, “Very well, ask him and meet me back at the Mistyvale inn by nightfall. That would give you about a day."

Elvina left the Buck inn, her heard pounding heavily... she had a bad feeling about this.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:00 pm

85. Shadow dancing

Zinna was sitting in Angela’s room at Two Bridges, which was bathing in complete darkness.
She was here for days now and Angela told her she would be back around this time.
Zinna closed her eyes, her memory going back to the moment Elvina was about fifteen or sixteen years.

“Elvina, i’m here. Can’t you see me?” Zinna saw Elvina looking around.
“Hey, are you using magic, Zinna!” Elvina could hear Zinna giggling.
“Nooo... i’m just better then you.” Zinna could see Elvina’s face turn red.
“Why … you... !” Elvina started.
A new voice sounded ,”That’s enough girls.”
Zinna turned around but couldn’t see anyone, until she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder.
She almost jumped in a tree. “What the !!! Who are you?!”
Zinna looked up at a medium tall dark skinned elf. The man in front of her grinned. “I’m your teacher.”
“Ow, ooww i’m sorry... i’m Zinna and she over there is Elvina,” Zinna was pointing at the place where Elvina was standing... except when she looked she saw Elvina was gone.
The teacher chuckled when he saw Zinna’s face. “... And she did it without magic, young elf. I have to give her that, she’s a natural. Still, girls, you have much to learn. Come out Elvina, i know you are standing behind me.”
Zinna could hear Elvina giggling behind the teacher’s back.

“First lesson of shadow dancing. Don’t try to hide, but to deceive your opponent. It’s only the first step however in a chain of things you have to learn how to make yourself ‘invisible’ to others.”
The two girls trained day and night. They also learned how to move themselves silently.
Yarik, their teacher was pretty strict. All forms of magic were banned. He took honor in doing these things without the help of any magical items or spells. However, appropriate clothing was desirable.
Their training ground was about pretty much the whole Elven city, the woods and even the rather open fields.
Day after day they improved. Yarik played along, on their level, but they both knew he could do a lot more.

That became clear one day they were near the mountains.
Zinna just managed to perform a succesful ‘escape’ out of an enemy camp when she suddenly was attacked for real by some goblins. She was careless after ending the exercise.... otherwise those greenskins would never have seen her.
She quickly took them out with her magic.
The rumble however drew out more of them, but Yarik and Elvina also heard it.
They never saw Yarik this fast. His blade sang through the air, only to be interrupted by the sound of slashes on throats and chests. It was as if he ‘jumped’ from one place to another. He disappeared on a spot, and reappeared further away in only a matter of seconds.
Goblinspears only seemed to hit air... and even when they thought it was a hit, Yarik seemed unharmed.
The goblin group counted about eighty heads, but they hesitated when they saw this flashing shadow at work. When their chiefs head flew through the air they broke the ranks.

Yarik appeared in front of the girls, unscratched...
His face looked untroubled. “Lesson five of shadow dancing, let the mass absorb you.” He grinned.

Zinna sighed in the dark room, she was hoping she made the right choice.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:01 pm

86. Doing the right thing - part 4

(long post)

Elvina was waiting near the Mistyvale inn for Angela to arrive.
While holding a new black cloak, stroking it absently with her fingers, her thoughts went back to the past afternoon.

She took up the oath of the Vanguard. Elvina never really made a secret of her admiration for them and told Sammil she wished to join on a earlier visit at the battlefields.
This afternoon she payed Adele a visit and found Sammil at her side. They talked privatly about Elvina’s application while Adele was sleeping. Elvina gave honest answers at Sammil’s questions before allowing her. The consequence however was that he now knew a part of her problems... although she emphasized she didn’t excepted anything from the Vanguard in this matter.
Elvina was happy Sammil told her there was a place for her and when Adele woke up, Elvina took the oath, repeating Sammil’s words while Adele watched her.

Elvina suspected that Sammil noticed how little words she and Adele changed with each other, when he suddenly announced he was going to have dinner at the inn.
Silence fell over the two women looking at each other... and Elvina almost left, feeling uncomfortable in a way... Yet, it was Adele who broke the ice by embracing her. Elvina felt the warmth in her heart spreading over her body. She was so happy to see Adele up, alive, cured... holding her...
Adele almost immediately must have felt something was wrong with Elvina and asked her to talk about it.
Elvina looked Adele straight in the eyes for a moment,” Adele... whatever happens, just know... that... i love you.” She turned away and was about to leave.
Adele got really worried and underlined their friendship and trust to each other. “Please Elvina, tell me what is going on! I’m your friend and i want to help you!”
The way Adele said it, the words, made Elvina realize she acted stupid.

Elvina looked down to road, no sign of Angela however. Her thoughts went back to the conversation with Adele.

She told her everything, about her, about Zinna, this thing with the Master, Angela... she even told her when and where she was about to meet Zinna.
Her biggest fear was that Adele would like to come... and it was indeed one of the subjects. Elvina was glad Adele understood she couldn’t come along. Certainly not after everything that happened...
The two women embraced each other very tightly just before Elvina hit the road back to Cear. It was as if they feared they would never see each other again.
Just before Elvina stepped through the door she turned around to Adele. “Tell Sammil... i’ll report in as soon as i return... and tell him... i’m really grateful.”
And by that she meant more then the chance he gave her within the Vanguard.

She heard two people talking to each other and looked up. Angela! And it seemed Amilcar joined her.
It was almost night when they arrived at Two Bridges and just before the inn Elvina hesitated.
“Is something wrong miss Elvina?” Amilcar asked polite.
Elvina shook her head and walked on to stop again only a couple of metres further. She turned around to Amilcar and Angela.
“If... if something happens or … just tell Adele... i... tell her i love her. Celestia knows where you can find her.”
Amilcar nodded to her. “But what could go wrong? We are just visiting Zinna, right?”
Angela looked at Elvina, her eyes meaningful.
Amilcar didn’t say anything anymore but looked at Angela. “Very well, we’ll see to it, right love?”

“This door?” Elvina asked.
Angela nodded and saw Elvina first listening at the door.
Elvina gave Angela a sign, who stepped forward and knocked.
Angela entered the room, which was completely dark. The light of the hallway was weak but Angela could see a woman on the bed. “Zinna, it’s me... Angela. I... i came back.”
Angela saw that Zinna her head was down.
“I... i brought you a visitor... someone who wants to see you.”
Now Angela could see the head go up, and two eyes questioningly looking at her.
That moment Angela stepped aside and Elvina entered the room. Zinna’s eyes, reflecting the weak light, widened.
“Nooo, noooo …” Zinna started softly.
The door behind Elvina closed by itself, and she heard Angela and Amilcar tried to open the door again.
Elvina turned back to Zinna who was looking at her and started to scream.
“NOOOOO!!! You can’t be here... noooooo, nooo, NOOOOOOOOOOOO.” The cry was hearable outside as Angela and Amil doubled their efforts to open the door.
Elvina turned to the door and tried the handle. The door seemed locked.
“Zinna, what is going on... “ Elvina started.
Zinna only screamed, as if she was dying.
Elvina heard how someone slammed the door. Amilcar and Angela entered the room. Even though the lock was broken, behind them the door closed again and how hard Amilcar tried... it didn’t open.

Angela stood next to Amilcar and watched over to Zinna.
Zinna had only eye for Elvina. “Noo Elvina... you shouldn’t have come...”
Elvina sounded angry ,”What the hell are you talking about girl, and what is going on here?”
Suddenly she heard how Angela took a deep hissing breath. She turned to her and saw Angela’s face turning pale, her hand going up and her finger pointing to the dark corner of the room.
A man stepped out of the dark and got illuminated by Angela’s soft magical light. “The M... M... Master... ,” she sounded, her eyes narrowing.
Zinna sounded as if she stopped breathing and she didn’t say anything.
Elvina turned around to the man, and meanwhile saw Amilcar taking position in front of Angela.
The man was dressed in simple dark clothes. His skin was tanned and his hair dark. What struck Elvina were his teeth, very white, almost flickering. It reminded her of Eligor...

“Hello there Angela, i see you have returned. And you brought a friend? Now now...”
A voice sounded in Angela’s head. “That is very mean to bring your lover, what about my feelings...?” The voice in her head chuckled.
The Master turned to Zinna... a voice in her head sounded, “You have done well my Favorite.”
He spook in her direction, “Don’t be so sad Zinna... everyone is here.” Then he finally turned to Elvina.
His gaze, his look... it made Elvina shiver a little. This was a very dangerous man... no, not a man. A voice in her head sounded. “No? What am i then?” Elvina’s eyes widened but she remained calm.
“Ahhh... and there we have miss Elvina. Elvina Hellcat... my … diamond... the biggest price one can gain.”
The voice in Elvina’s head sounded again. “And you have decided to come to me.... i have been looking forward to this. You are so beautiful.... yet, someone should help you.” The voice sounded very warm, and almost concerned... as if it knew all her problems.

Angela risked to say something. “You won’t have her, none of us!”
The voice sounded in Angela’s head, “Freedom, … right?” The voice chuckled again. How could he know... he really had eyes and ears everywhere.
Meanwhile, Elvina turned to Zinna. “Zinna, i’m here for you, i know everything about what happened to you. Please, come to me... i will help you.”
Zinna looked up, her eyes red. “Elvina... i... i’m... so sorry... thank you.” Zinna got from the bed and wanted to walk in Elvina’s direction. But the voice sounded in her head, “Just a minute girl... you are going to like this. Or not.” She stopped just at the end of the bed.
Elvina frowned... “What the...”

“So, you girls think you can leave... leave me...? And just like that, without any chat?” He chuckled. “At least please listen to what i have to say...”
In the three women’s heads a voice sounded, “...and offer....” It chuckled.
Elvina was amazed how this could happen, how he had acces to her mind.
“What do you want from them?” Amilcar said.
The Master’s eyes flickered evil in his direction. “Don’t get to brave dear Amilcar.”
A voice in his head sounded, “Maybe you even walk out here alive.”
“Do you girls know each other well? I mean, it’s really lovely to see how you like to form a band. But first, you need to get more... acquainted with each other.” His white teeth flickered. “The truth, girls...”

The Master turned to Elvina and looked briefly at Angela while speaking to her. “Elvina, did you know, for instance, that assassin who attacked you... remember, well, he was send by Angela here.”
Elvina’s face got red, and she turned to Angela. “WHAT?!” Her eyes started to glow.
The voice in Elvina’s head sounded, “And if you let her live, she will send even more.”
The way Angela looked, Elvina could tell it was the truth. That dark elf was send by her.
Amilcar took position between the two women. “She has changed, Elvina... don’t.”
The Master turned to Angela, briefly looking at Elvina while talking to her. “Marrent? He’s the one who helped you? And you are after him now, right?”
The voice in Angela’s head sounded. “If you kill him, you’ll truly be free.”
The Master spoke again. “Well it seems Elvina has been hunting on him... wasn’t that something you wanted to do ‘personally’, Angela?”
Angela turned to Elvina. “Elvina? Dammit! I told you Marrent was my conc....”
The voice in Angela’s head chuckled and said, ”Now i know for sure it is true... thank you lovely girl.”
While the two women were looking angry at each other, the Master turned to Zinna who was standing next to the bed, with her eyes on Elvina.
“Lovely Zinna, my Favorite... and have you heard? About Elvina’s love?”
Zinna turned to the Master and she saw Elvina turning away from Angela, looking at him.
“M... Master?” Zinna said.
The Master gave her fake sad eyes. “Zinna, Elvina’s love isn’t Celestia.”
Zinna turned her head from the Master to Elvina. She saw Elvina standing there, speechless.
Next to her the Master continued, “It is Adele, dear Zinna... Elvina loves Adele.”
A voice in Zinna’s head sounded ,”She loves her for a really long time now. And they did all the things couples do. However, lovely Zinna, i can help you with getting Elvina back. Trust me.”

Zinna stepped away from the bed and the Master, towards Elvina.
Elvina said softly to Zinna, ”I see now its true, you have been under his influence...”
Amilcar yelled, “What do you want from them! Girls, stop, this is what he wants, don’t you see?”
The Master looked to Zinna,” Zinna i said come here, i will help you...”
“Don’t listen to him, Zinna,” Elvina interrupted.
Amilcar turned to Zinna, “Stay where you are, Zinna.”
Zinna stopped right in front of Elvina, her eyes questioningly.
Elvina took a deep breath, ” Yes, Zinna, it is true... but he’s twist...”
Zinna slapped Elvina hard in the face and walked back to the Master.
The Master grinned, nodded to Zinna and turned his eyes to Angela.
Amilcar stepped between them, “Don’t you even think about it!”
The Master spoke to Angela,” Angela, my beloved Angela, come here again, Elvina won’t hurt you then.”
Angela only looked over to the Master, her gaze full of hate. “NEVER!... FREEDOM!!”
Angela saw Amilcar looking over his shoulder to her and smiling at her. She turned to Elvina, ”About that assassin, i’ll explain it later to you... this is not the time...”
Elvina still looked shocked about what happened with Zinna and only nodded to Angela.

The Master finally turned to Elvina again. “Elvina, my diamond, i can fill up that empty spot you feel.”
Elvina shivered as the voice sounded in her head. “Love... you want it... don’t you?!”
Her eyes started to burn again, looking like glowing coal. “What do you know about me, DEVIL! Nothing!”
His white teeth flickered, “Everything, from the moment you were a young girl, until now. However, Eligor was a mistake. I’m truly sorry about that.”
The Master observed Elvina. “If you come with me, i’ll promise you everything you always wanted, and more... no, not gold or a house...”
The voice in her head sounded again, “However a poor girl like you really could use the money. Imagine what you could do when you had more money.”
She heard the Master continue talking to her, “No... not all of that... but the love you so desperately want...”
He looked her in her burning eyes, “You want HER, right? I can give her to you, i can see to that...”
“ENOUGH!!” The room fell silent and dark. But everyone could see Elvina was glowing. “I KNOW A DEVIL’S LIE WHEN I HEAR ONE !!”
The voice in her head sounded once more, ”No lies, truth...”

Elvina turned to Zinna, “Zinna, come here, please.” Her voice was very soft, yet a burning glow was visible around her. “Please... for everything we had... trust me.”
Zinna hesitated and look Elvina in the eyes. She nodded and walked away from the Master.
Elvina nodded to Zinna and gave Angela and Amilcar a look, who nodded to her too.
For a moment it looked like they formed one front against the Master.
Elvina turned to him. “So... isn’t it time for you to go back where you came from?” She asked it with a fake sweet voice.
The Master only smiled to them. “Elvina, let me put it this way. Angela and you, well, i’ll see you sooner or later on your way to hell.” He lifted his hand.
Almost simultanously about eight flaming shadows materialized behind the group. The Master snickered. “Did you really think i was alone?”
The voice in Elvina’s head sounded again. “You see my diamond, you’re just like me. Always taking precautions...”
Amilcar prepared for combat, but Elvina interrupted him. “No, go Amilcar, and take Angela.”
The Master smiled to them. “Off course he can go, Angela too... and Elvina, yes. Zinna however...”
Elvina ignored him but kept looking at Amilcar. “This isn’t your concern. Go.”
Angela stepped forward, “No Elvina, we are not leaving...”
Around Elvina’s fists flames appeared. “No Angela, take your chance. Go, … both of you. DAMMIT... I MEAN IT!! GOOO!!!!”
The way her voice sounded now made Amilcar and Angela step back a little.
Tears appeared in Elvina’s eyes. “Amilcar, remember what i asked you before we walked in here,... now... GO!!!”
Amilcar nodded, “I will look for her.”

The door opened and Amilcar and Angela left the room. Behind them Elvina closed the door herself.
She turned to the Master, ignoring his intimidating bodyguard. “I’m taking Zinna with me.”
The Master only smiled to her.
“Come Zinna, “ Elvina reached with her hand to Zinna’s arm and at that moment one of the Master’s bodyguards lashed out with his glowing blade.
In front of Elvina a flaming blade struck Zinna in the back, the point coming out of her chest... piercing her heart...
Zinna’s expression was one of unbelief... she looked Elvina in the eyes. For a moment it was as if time stopped. The look they gave at each other contained more then just the color of their eyes... it contained a past they shared... series of events... and then... suddenly it was gone. The light in Zinna’s eyes faded. She fell on the ground, the fire in her chest spreading over the rest of her body.
Elvina exploded. “NOOOOOOO!!!!” She raised her Hellfire shield higher then ever, feeding it with all the emotions and feelings she had... even those of love. It was intens, the Hellfire was flaming from deep red to intens yellow. Her arms seemed like they were on fire and her eyes looked like those of a demon.
Even the Master took a step back by this sudden outburst, but quickly recovered by showing a smile on his face.
For the last time the voice sounded in Elvina’s mind, “That’s it... that is why you are a diamond. Feed your anger! Kill them! Kill them all!!! Have your revenge!! Prove you are the strongest!”
The Master disappeared and his bodyguard attacked Elvina.
Even though it were hellish creatures, they took a big blast from Elvina’s Hellfire shield. The woman, who more looked like a demon now, grinned. She raised her arm and unleashed a chain of acid blasts.
Half of the bodyguard died and disappeared. Elvina cloaked and the remaining demons got a big hit from behind as she appeared in the corner of the room. Suddenly the whole room started to burn, but without damaging the furniture. It was... the kind of fire that only hurts mortals. Elvina’s resilience once more gave some protection. Out of the flames a tall demon rose.
The remainder of the bodyguard and the demon attacked Elvina who disappeared again and moved to the center of the room. She was hoping to take them all out with her Hellfire shield. But the shadows were quick, the tall demon was strong, dealing out lashes with his bastardsword and whip. And Elvina was literally burning up on the inside. She couldn’t hold up much longer. She casted tentacles in the hope they would kill or at least freeze up her enemies.
At the same moment the door flew open, Amilcar and Angela rushed in. But they had no other choice then to retreat. The combination of the fire and the tentacles impeded their attempts to help Elvina... who was almost at the end of her powers.
She was bleeding out of numerous wounds... and at some point, she couldn’t hold it up anymore.
Elvina fell...

The tall demon and two bodyguards were barely standing. Just at the moment her sight got cloudy two strong hands lifted her from the ground and pulled her out of the room. Just before she lost consciousness she looked in the eyes of … Thana.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:04 pm

87. Calling an elven spirit

Everything was silent at the sacred elvenplace. Huge trees stood calm and spread their immense branches at great height over the open spot, forming a forest church.

Hell of a life - Page 4 Al6st2

Behind a small low shrine filled with white flowers stood three elves. The one in the middle was wearing a ceremonial tunique made of white and yellow silk.
In front of the shrine stood hundreds of elves in long rows, every single one of them dressed in white mixed with blue. Among them, one human, standing before the first row, flanked by two elves.

Hell of a life - Page 4 28vdmh2

Elvina’s white hair was draped over a light white dress that left her shoulders uncovered. On her elbows were airy veils attached. In her hair she wore a delicate diadem made of white-yellow gold, around her waist a thin metal elven artwork made of the same material.
She was flanked by her foster parents.

-----
Elvina returned a day ago at the elven community where she grew up. She left Cear the day after Zinna died, and it was urgent. The ritual that took place in front of her was intended to secure the spirit of a deceased member of this community. It had to be done as fast as possible, to increase the chance of succes... bringing the spirit to it’s final resting place.

Her foster parents immediately saw something terrible happened, not only after looking at Elvina’s armor, which was heavily damaged, but also by her expression.
“Selfish,” was the first word she said, before she burst into tears and got embraced by the one she called her mother.
Sha’-della gave her husband sideways a worried look as if she felt what happened. That afternoon Elvina told everything to her foster parents, Zinna’s parents and Incha. It were very emotional moments.
Elvina noticed between her tears that Incha turned pale from time to time. They would have another long talk afterwards... that was for sure.

“You are not selfish, girl, don’t listen to what this Thana says. If you were, you wouldn’t be here,” her foster mother said.
Zinna’s parents didn’t say much to her, but she knew by their looks they didn’t think it was her fault what happened to Zinna. No, their eyes showed something different... Elvina didn’t knew what it was until this ritual.
-----

Incha raised her arms in the air. The two elves who flanked her, were Zinna’s parents.
“One of us left our midst. A fate which awaits us all. One day we meet each other in this better place. The place where our spirits find their final rest. We will never have to fear to be alone, as we will guide each spirit of the ones who left us to this magnificent place. Once there it will be surrounded by our ancestors and its loved ones.”

Elvina’s heart stopped for a moment. This was the first time she experienced a ritual like this. The last one took place when she was about 10 years old. That day some very close friends from outside the community watched over little Elvina.
She suddenly realised that she would see Zinna never again, not even in the spirit world, if this really existed. Yet, Elvina had deep respect for the rituals of the elves.
She lowered her head and listened to Incha’s words.
“Together we will bring this spirit back to our midst and lead it over the path of flowers to its next existence. Our love and feelings will give it direction, our heart will give her a place.”

Incha nodded to Elvina, who stepped forward. It all felt so unreal... the death of Zinna, this plot with another devil, the nagging pain in her heart...
Elvina stood before the shrine and took up her little harp and took place next to Incha, she sung :

The song was about the tale of a little girl that got up early to go pick flowers, the sun brightly shining on her face. While Elvina was singing, her voice crystal clear between the trees, the elves let their tears go in a modest and disciplined way. Elvina barely managed to keep the singing going.
Even the birds stopped as if they were waiting for something to come. Elvina could feel a strange warmth coming out of the forest. Nevertheless she kept singing as she saw Incha nodding. A light breeze took place in the highest leaves of the trees, as if to support Elvina’s song.
A diffuse gleam of light appeared between the trunks, slowly moving towards the open place. Elvina shivered but kept singing. None of the elves moved, as if they were afraid to scare off the light that was heading in their direction. Only Incha closed her eyes and seemed to mumble something unhearable, her face directed towards the light.

Tears were rolling down Elvina’s cheeks now as she recognized a silhouette within the light...
It got closer and passed Elvina at a distance of ten metres. First she thought it would keep moving towards the end of the forest church, as it suddenly stopped.
Elvina could almost see her within her mind... the face in the light, she could almost feel an expression in her direction that made her think of a smile of total happiness.
She was overwhelmed, feelings of sadness made way for feelings of peace. The spirit was safe and found its way back to where it belonged...

And suddenly it was gone, the light spread itself, vanishing in all directions , gone between the trees behind them. Elvina’s song ended...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:05 pm

88. Back in Cear

Elvina was standing in the arena, facing a girl named Raxde. She met her about a month ago and saw her a couple of times in between. They were holding rapiers...

Elvina returned to Cear, a day or two ago. She promised her foster parents to visit them soon again and left the forest with a feeling of grief but also hope. Zinna’s parents came to see Elvina when she was about to leave and... thanked her...
Zinna had been under the influence of a devil and before Elvina even had the chance to help her, in breaking that bond, the devil ordered one of his shadows to kill Zinna. Elvina had the feeling she failed as it was her intention to return with Zinna to their forest and get help from the Loremasters.
Yet Zinna’s parents believed Elvina did everything she could and they were glad Zinna’s spirit was saved. At first Elvina didn’t get it... those people lost their daughter, yet... they seemed relieved. But it was better this way... so told Incha her. If Zinna had been under this influence for only a little longer, the proces could have been irreversible. Zinna’s spirit could have been lost forever. And this seemed something that was important for the elven community in which Elvina grew up... Incha told Elvina she did the right thing by coming as soon as possible.

After a long conversation with Incha, Elvina left the forest and just as she arrived at the gates of Cear she ran into Celestia. She was so happy to see one of her best friends and to talk about what happened. She also noticed Celestia was in a good mood and saw the sword... Elvina was surprised to see it again, but she would have to catch up later on that story. While talking with Cel, some other people appeared too. Adrian Sunheim who seemed occupied these days with slaying demons. Elvina grinned, then there was Phelan, a married guy who tried to charm her... and Gravan Pricklefingers, a nice little halfling who really quick considered people as his friends... Elvina got a bit overwhelmed...
This feeling about Zinna would linger a while, yet she didn’t feel alone. It was good to be back in Cear.

And then, when she was about to ride to Ravenswatch, she ran into Raxde. At first the girl was hiding from her, not recognizing Elvina on her horse and wearing new armour. Raxde was badly injured and Elvina quickly tended her wounds. She listened to a story how Rax had been in the Bugbear caves, all by herself. The girl was brave, Elvina had to admit that.
Since the two already shared stories before, Elvina also told her something about what happened with Zinna. Talking about it made Elvina feel a bit relieved.

Anyways, here she was, at the arena... in a dress... Rax agreed to teach Elvina more about fencing.
“With two rapiers, things get a bit more complicated and slower.”
Elvina listened with full interest to Raxde’s instructions and stories. The girl’s eyes were shining when she was talking about her ‘field’... Elvina noticed passion in her words. It was pretty clear fencing meant more then just sport to Raxde.
“Right, now it’s time for a little practice.” Raxde smiled and handed over a rapier to Elvina.
She took a couple of steps back. Some people up the wall were leaning curiously over the railing as some of them recognized the two practicing down there.
Elvina could almost guess what they thought. A warlock with a rapier fighting one of their local champions. Yet Raxde smiled kindly to her, easing up Elvina’s nerves.
“Go on now, attack, nothing will happen.”

Elvina hesitated a little but then she attacked Raxde with the rapier. The girl was holding two rapiers and just waiting for her. Elvina was holding the rapier gently, and tried a trusting attack. Raxde’s rapiers were fast as lightning, the one in her left hand blocked Elvina’s attack very easily, but almost at the same time she riposted with the right one, quickly followed by the left one. The two sharp points of the rapiers stopped a couple of inches from Elvina’s chest. It was immediately clear to Elvina this girl in front of her had a high level of self control over her movements.
She tried a couple attacks more, and with some small guiding corrections of Raxde, Elvina’s fencing became a bit smoother. She would never fight with two rapiers, like Raxde showed today, but with some practice and Raxde as teacher, she might be able to handle one.

Elvina considered it as a form of art. Rax fought pure on skill and physical effort, making her in Elvina’s eyes a promising natural talent. By the looks of the crowd, they agreed with her opinion about the girl.
Raxde reminded Elvina of Yarik, an elf who learned Zinna and her about “shadow dancing”. In his exercises that man loathed any form of magic in an attempt to develop people in trusting their own body and movements. She grinned as she remembered one of his lessons.
“The use of magic makes people lazy while they have to learn basics. However, should you reach a certain level in this … ‘art’, the use of some extra magic may nicely add up in times of need.” Elvina remembered him winking at her.
If she wouldn’t have been raped by that stupid elf a couple of months before, she might even have fallen for the charmes of Yarik.
It was however Zinna who Elvina fell for, not that much later... “Lovers forever” they said to each other... She felt a pang of sadness, as she realised that ‘forever’ was rather relatively in their case. Elvina was not an elf and with what she had witnessed in the past week, she was highly doubting that a human ‘spirit’ can join the elven spirits...

Once more she turned around to Raxde.
But the moment to ask that question was lying far away. A whole life was still ahead of her, waiting... After all, she still had much to learn.

Elvina smiled a little and took position...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:06 pm

89. Vanguard

A woman brushing her long white hair stared at her. Elvina wasn’t looking at her image in the mirror because she was deep in thought.

Vanguard... her foster parents were so proud of her. She touched her new armorsuit softly, a gift from them... the harder Elvina refused to accept the costly gift... the more her foster parents insisted.
Elvina never told them but they suspected, no they just knew Elvina couldn’t afford herself much. And, they cared about her... a lot, she knew they saw her as their daughter and after what happened with Zinna...

Before Elvina left the forest she had conversations with a few elves. Yarik, the man who teached Zinna and Elvina about stealth... “shadow dancing” he called it, was one of them.
Elvina smiled, he didn’t changed a bit as elves tend to age very slowly. And he was still good looking... for a man.
He came to her house, the one she used to share with Zinna, in the forest to express his support and respect. “Maybe someday,... i’ll look you up, Ellie,” he told her. “I've never been in Cear before. And perhaps i can help you with tracking down your brother.”
“If he is still alive and if he is indeed my brother, or at least family...,” Elvina replied. They talked all night and Yarik left her place only the very next morning.
Elvina sensed he had feelings for her, but he knew how she thought about men and after all what happened, … he just remained courteous.

Vanguard... only a week after her return she ran into Gravan, a little guy she earlier met that week and who could easily make Elvina smile. She heard he wanted to join the Vanguard.
And he was willing to prove it when a girl named Iris showed up. She told that there were vampires in a house in Cear and when Elvina said she would investigate, the little fellow was eager and happy to join her. His friend Sigard, a dwarf Elvina never saw before in town also came along. Elvina grinned, the problem was quickly under control. Gravan proved himself to be a loyal companion. Maybe he soon would join the ranks of the Vanguard after all.
He sure had her vote.

Vanguard... she met a lot of people in the two weeks after her return... besides her friends and some new people, she also met two fellow Vanguard.
One day Elvina was heading to the front and made a stop at the Burning Troll inn. When she took place at a table someone approached her.
“Greetings fellow Vanguard.”
Elvina looked up to an astonishing beautiful woman who was stretching her arm to her. “My name is Shayde.” She smiled to Elvina.
She got up from her chair and shook Shayde’s hand. “Vanguard Elvina Hellcat, at your service miss... fellow Vanguard?”
The young woman swirled around to show her cloak. “Vanguard Shayde Mel’for... i have heard of you... ,” she said.
Elvina nodded,” I have heard your name also, but no stories however.” She smiled, “ If you have the time, please... take a seat.”
Another man, an elf named Talon, joined them too. Shayde introduced him as her cousin, confirming something Elvina already noticed about Shayde.
They had a nice meal and their conversation was most of the time in elvish. She really loved the language and for a moment it was as if Elvina never left the forest...
When Shayde left, Elvina told her she hoped to see her soon again.

Back in Cear Elvina decided to look up Raxde at the arena. Instead of finding her friend, she ran into another Vanguard. One that had been away for a long while but was called back by the winds to investigate problems near Tristan. His name was Karethias Tyrad... and once again... an elf. Elvina grinned.
Together with him and Thana, who seemed to have followed them, they cleaned out a tower, freeing the area of Tristan from a dreadfull Lich. The place was trapped all over, and filled with horrifying wraiths and other undead.
Karethias was a friendly man but also a bit strange, yet he seemed pretty committed while performing his Vanguard duties inside the tower. If she saw Sammil she would ask about him.

Vanguard... Elvina was happy she joined their ranks. In a way it felt like coming home... being part of a family. She considered her fellow Vanguard as brothers and sisters. And she would do anything to assist them whenever they needed it.

Her thoughts went to the grove... destroyed by Father and his Canites. And she found Lagnapis. It hurt Elvina deeply seeing her friend like that, standing in the black environment, the shattered stone benches, the damaged altar, the wrecked hives… Elvina offered him her support.
She also showed a couple of people the grove. Maybe there was, among them, someone with any good idea’s... either to restore the place, or to take out the ones who were responsible.
Totally unexpected Elvina saw Raxde again. She got touched when she heard her intelligent friend went back to the library to look for a book Lagnapis needed. In return Elvina showed her the reason for the book and took Rax with her to the grove. Her friend seemed a bit impressed by the sight of the place, especially the way how the altar was destroyed.

Elvina shook her head in front of the mirror... as if to wake up.
Today she would ride to Morell... time to visit Adele. The letter Elvina send two or three weeks ago didn’t feel sufficiënt as explanation for making Adele worried about her.

A bit later a Vanguard left the Mystivale inn...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:07 pm

90. Angela and Elvina

Angela opened the door of her room at the Ravenswatch inn. The one who knocked was Elvina. Amilcar told her she was looking for her, so he set up their “meeting”.
“Ow, hello Elvina... do come in. Amilcar said you were looking for me. I needed to talk to you too. Did Celestia passed on my message?”
Elvina turned around as she entered,” Euhm, i have seen Celestia once or twice past week but not really spoken with her. You needed to talk to me too?”
The two woman just stood there, a moment not knowing what to say to each other.
“Eh, do, take a seat Elvina...,” Angela motioned her towards the only chair in the room while she took place on the bed herself.
For a moment the two women were asking themselves what the other had to say until Elvina decided to break the ice,” You start then.”

Angela looked up at her. “How... how are you Elvina... we haven’t really seen each other since, well...”
Elvina waved with her hand in the air. “I’m fine, i’m fine, please... i tell you when its my turn.”
Angela felt a bit uncomfortable to say something about Zinna... but she had too. “I’m so sorry Elvina... you... you know, Zinna was my friend too.”
Elvina looked at her. “Thank you... Angela. I... Now that you bring this up, that is … actually my first question. You and Zinna, how long did you knew each other?”
Angela sighed, “ For many years, i saw her once in a while, but when the Master decided to look at the more earthly businesses, he took me along to watch over Zinna.”
Elvina wasn’t satisfied,” Only over Zinna...?”
Angela shook her head,” And to see the Master’s plans were going well. Keeping an eye on you and Zinna.”
“And she became your friend without her telling me about it?” Elvina asked.
“We were under influence Elvina...”
Elvina interrupted her almost immediately,” How could Zinna ever started to work for the Master in the first place? She was just his mindless puppet?”
Angela look at her with sad eyes,” No, he made something up... i think... he knew how much Zinna loved you, he could see it in her heart. So... being that her weak spot, he made her believe that some day you would leave her. He lied to her i suppose,” Angela saw Elvina’s face and quickly added something,” I’m.. i’m sure that would have never happened though... but he could be very convincing.”
Elvina turned pale, Angela continued. “Soon the lie was part of her live... an everlasting fear of losing that important thing. Zinna was... an easy prey for the Master.”
After these words Elvina became very silent, but a child could see she was a bit shaken up.

Angela got up from the bed and walked towards her. At the chair she crouched before Elvina and took her hand. It was warm and soft, shivering a little under the touch.
“Elvina, i know this isn’t easy for you, but... i have to tell you something that might … well...”
Elvina took her hand back and looked down at Angela. “I’m here to talk, and i’m a big girl, i can take a hit. What is it that you want to tell me?”
Angela took a deep breath and got up again. She walked to the closed and took two cups. She continued while she was filling them with wine.
“Do you know Thana? I mean, who she is, what she does?”
Elvina needed to think before she answered,” She is weird, i mean... she saved me i presume... but ever since she acts as my shadow. And she... she... hurt me...”
Angela gave her a cup with wine before walking towards the bed again. “She hurt you? Did she attack you?”
Elvina shook her head. “Not in that way... i don’t trust her and we were pestering each other, and... then she started about my loved ones. She said : ‘you lost them, ... both’.”
Angela got up from the bed again, her eyes widened. “What did she say to you?” She walked to Elvina again and took place in front of her, on the ground.
Elvina took a big sip from her wine before answering. “Obviously she meant Zinna in the first place, as she was my ex-wife... but she... she...” A tear appeared in her eyes,” … she said i killed her... not only that i was responsible, but that i really killed her... with my magic.”
Angela reached with her hand to Elvina’s arm. “Thats what Thana was telling too... i... i just know that isn’t true, … if you want to tell me what happened... i’m here for you.”
Elvina told Angela how Zinna’s life came to an end, how Zinna’s body got burned from the inside due the fire of the blade.
A moment of silence fell after Elvina was done with talking.

Angela kept stroking Elvina’s arm. “What did she mean with ‘both’ loved ones? Adele...?”
Elvina shrugged,” Yes... Thana said that Adele had chosen for another. Did she mean to hurt me with this information, i don’t know.”
“But, did you talk with Adele about it?”
Elvina shook her head,” I haven’t seen Adele since that night we visited Zinna. A couple of days ago i looked her up but she wasn’t around. I first thought she ran off or something, but her husband Sammil said she was fine, that … they were... house shopping...”
Angela felt sorry for her. She kinda knew Elvina, even though it was from a ‘distance’... she saw a woman who didn’t have much luck in love, who’s feelings got messed up when Eligor stole a part of her soul. Yes, she had them back... but she still wasn’t fully aware of couple of things. In a way she reminded her of Sarlenis, a nice girl who she kindy was watching over.
“Elvina... look at me... Elvina,... you have no idea how beautiful you are, and you are very sweet. I’m convinced that a lot of men would like to date with you...”
Elvina jumped up,” Stop it! I don’t wanna hear this. And don’t you dare to set up a date for me, especially not with a man!” Her cheeks colored red.
Angela tried to soothe her,“ I’m sorry, i really am... Zinna told me... i forgot what happened to you...”
Elvina turned even more angry,” What!? I’m the only one who decides to who i tell this! How, how could she...?!”
“I’m afraid that is my fault...,” Angela softly added,“ You see, the Master wanted to know everything about you... i was send to get it... to talk to Zinna.”
Elvina threw her arms in the air,” So now you know whole my life??!! Tell me... what else do you know about me?!”
Angela sighed,” A lot Elvina... everything Zinna knew, i knew... i was pretty good in retrieving information...”

Elvina was really upset. “How could you see each other, while i was around... did you came to the elven forest? Where you there... did you...” Elvina suddenly stopped talking and turned to Angela.
“Did... you... and Zinna... was Zinna cheating on me?”
Angela got quickly up and walked towards Elvina. “Elvina, listen... i...”
Elvina took a few steps back, her face white,” All... all that time... did you... have... all those years...?”
Angela tried to calm her. “Elvina, please... it wasn’t our fault... we... the Master, he... demanded... he...”
Elvina’s eyes started to fill with tears,” So, this is how it feels when you find out that your partner has been cheating on you...”
Angela tried to take Elvina’s arms... but she got pushed away.
“I should be angry... but, i can’t... i have done this myself too... with Adele... i was feeling guilty about it... but now i know how it really feels... i... i can’t take this. Angela... all those years?”
Angela was just standing there and it took a while before she answered. “Not the whole time, Elvina, it started less then a year ago. The time before that she was loyal to you. Elvina, i was... i was very evil, not myself... Amilcar, he...”

Elvina suddenly interrupted her again,“ Talking about evil, why the hell did you send an assassin after me?”
Now it was Angela who looked shocked... never did she expected to be confronted with her past like this. But it was the past, she had to keep focusing on that. Her strong, future husband learned her that.

When Elvina left Angela’s room, long past midnight, she still couldn’t say if Angela was a friend for her... but she had the feeling Angela was honest, and maybe... just maybe, a little bit of trust was born.
And Amilcar, well, he sure was putting a lot of faith in her.

When she got outside, she took a deep breath... she wanted to scream... do something really, really ...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:07 pm

91. Casualties

“Elvina, … wake up.”
She opened her eyes, it was dark in her room at the Mystivale inn.
She decided to stay in Cear, partly because she had no choice as Master Roggins was the only one who understood her situation... she really couldn’t afford rooms at other inns anymore. Her dream of having her own house around here was gone. She would never be rich enough for that. It meant she had to travel a lot these days... but it didn’t matter. Walking and running was good for her health, and the moments she could afford it, she hired a horse.... mostly when Vanguard duties needed to be done.
A lot of her friends stayed at Cear too, which made it even less worse.

Elvina got up and looked around. She thought she just heard her name, but it was dream.
She got out of the bed and shivered a little. Not because it was cold or because of the fact she wasn’t wearing much. No, the voice she heard in her sleep was Zinna’s. It wasn’t the first time, … she had dreams now and then, mostly memories about their past, but also a few times she ‘relived’ the moment of Zinna’s death.

It was only past midnight but she knew she wouldn’t sleep again... she didn’t want to.
As soon as she got dressed and did her hair, she saddled her horse and took off to Ravenswatch to pick up an order.
Her next destination were the battlefields, a place where thought she could do something useful... fighting Canites, protecting the people. Somehow, in a wicked way, she felt satisfied when she’s been there... as if it formed a compensation for things she lost...
Forget the past, focus on your new life... the Vanguard... here she had people she could trust, people who shared a goal, people Elvina admired for a long time now... people like... brothers and sisters.

Just outside the gates of Ravenswatch, she ran into Shayde and Kadmiel. He told Elvina about a little “event” that occured and Shayde looked tired. They would talk if Elvina came back... it was the second time they split up while untold things hung between them. Yet she was glad Shayde first took some rest and that she was in good hands.
She continued her path to Lendose and only stopped for a quick nap in an old barn.

“Vanguard Elvina Hellcat?”, a soldier approached her near the hills.
Elvina jumped of her horse. “Aye, that’s me.”
The man nodded. “Sergeant Hayes, at your service. They said you were on your way here. We have a situation and we are asking for your help.”
Elvina walked to the man,” Off course i’ll help. What is your situation sergeant?”
“The Orcs are approaching the borders again but our Captain fell in the last attack and isn’t replaced yet.”
Sergeant Hayes looked at her and took a deep breath before continuing.” Milady, your reputation proceeds you, can you lead us into battle?”
Elvina blushed as she never realised how the soldiers looked at her. So far she only led little groups into battle, performing most of the time some guerilla attacks... Elvina’s favorit way of warfare until now.
However, she fought in straight combat too, but always under someone elses command.

“It will be an honor to take the command Sergeant. Tell the men to gather at the hill there. I’ll be right over to give the orders.”
She turned to the battlefield and started to walk down. The soldier stumbled over his words,” Mi... milady, what are you going to do?”
Elvina grinned as she turned around, “Scouting a little and preparing a nice surprise for our visitors. Don’t worry, i’ll be right up.”
“Off... off course milady... commander...” the man walked into the direction of the troops and as she heard him yelling orders to gather, she continued her path down the hill.

An hour later Elvina was lurking in the bushes with next to her a few of the finest soldiers. They were dressed in light armor just like hers, to move swift and silently. Together they would form a decoy, while archers were waiting behind rocks further up the hill and swordsmen stood silent between nearby trees.
Just behind a tree line, Elvina’s surprise was waiting. They just needed to draw as many orcs as they could to that tree line. It was something she did long ago when Adele, Celestia and she discovered Canites in a forest moving towards the fortress.

They were there, Elvina just could smell them.
“Alright men,” she whispered,” Do your job, i’ll cover your backs as much as i can.”
Not one of them blinked and with a grin they left the cover of the leaves.
The men started to shout at the approaching orcs. It seemed Elvina got lucky... they didn’t send scouts first but their whole damn unit. She estimated it were about two hundred orcs.
Over the heads of her men she threw a blast towards the biggest orc she could find. He fell down, burning on the ground. The other orcs hesitated for a brief moment... before they realised what happened... it didn’t scare them off however... on the contrary.
Elvina mumbled some words and hasted herself and the men in her decoy unit. She started to run towards the treeline while the men behind her shouted at the orcs and ran after her.
Elvina disappeared between the trees.

The orcs were much slower then the men in brown and green tuniques, and just as they were speeding up they reached the trees, raging and mindlessly stepping into Elvina’s trap... chilling tentacles everywhere.
Elvina and her men stood a little bit further... like white rabbits on an open field. But the orcs kept coming, running into each other and into the tentacles. Elvina didn’t suspected to kill a little army with it... but reducing numbers was always nice.
She lifted her arm and gave a signal to the archers to shoot their arrows at the treeline. Every orc in and just behind it got pierced.
She estimated that about thirty to fourthy orcs found their end between those trees. Not bad, and she didn’t even lost one soldier.
“Commander Elvina? Is it time?”
She nodded,” Run up the hill there and give the signal to the infantry to attack them from the side.”
The orcs were retreating from the treeline but didn’t notice they ran next to a heavily armored unit of determined soldiers.... who now were emerging from their cover.
Battlecries sounded as Elvina appeared down the hill... she crossed the bushes and started to attack the orcs from behind as they were facing her infantry.
Sergeant Hayes was doing an excellent job, as she saw how he ordered the men to attack each orc with two or three soldiers. It was going pretty fast.
The archers drew their swords and joined her in the attack. She sneaked around the battlefield and took out their commander quickly.
Soon the orcs were running back into the forests.

Elvina smiled and walked towards Hayes unit. The guy took of his red plumed helmet and grinned to her. “We did it... and not a single casualty! Thank you... Vanguard Elvina Hellcat...,” he started to say as he walked into her direction.
Suddenly Elvina saw the mans eyes widening.
“Hayes...?” Elvina asked,” … what...”
Sergeant Hayes fell face down on the ground, an orc arrow sticking out of his back. Elvina quickly spotted an orc, an assassin between the trees.
It only costed her little to hunt the bastard down... and thank god no one followed her to see the maimed body. Elvina was furious.

There was no cleric around, and since Hayes died before he touched the ground, it was useless to take care of his wounds. And the arrow was probably poisoned too as a smell was spreading from the shaft.
Hayes was buried the same night, Elvina said a few words and left the rest of the words to his buddies.
They decided to drink to Hayes at the Burning Troll inn and asked Elvina to come along.
She entered the inn with mixed feelings... sure, they had a big victory... but the death of Hayes happened so... absurd...
A couple of the men joined her at her table and started to tell stories about their former commanders. It seemed the Orcs did this more then one time... sending troops and then leaving an assassin to take out an important leader. Hayes with his red plumed helmet was probably seen as the commander. It explained a lot, yet Elvina wasn’t happy.
That changed after drinking some cups of wine and sharing stories with the soldiers.
One of them, a young guy named Sherlin was attempting to charm her... and strangely enough... the more wine she drank... the more charming was Sherlin.

His buddies were grinning at him when Elvina announced she was going to sleep.
Just when she got up the stairs she noticed someone was following her. Sherlin... he smiled warmly as he finished the stairs too.
“Commander...,” he said softly,” … i figured you just might need an escort to your room... only just to prevent you walking into the wrong room off course,” he quickly added.
Elvina, clearly a bit drunk, giggled. “Permission granted.”
When they reached her door, Elvina opened it. She turned around towards Sherlin. “End of our journey...,” she giggled.
“Or a new start?” Sherlin said with a smile. He reached over and kissed Elvina on the lips.
She … let it happen... but the moment he reached with his hand to her body she suddenly pushed him away. “No, i’m sorry... i can’t do this.”
“Oohh, come on commander... you are such a beauty... and you are very sweet. Do you have a husband then?”
Elvina shook her head,” No, it’s not that... i am... i just can’t do this.”
Sherlin, the sweet guy got an evil smile on his face,” No husband... hmm.” Suddenly he pushed Elvina inside. She fell on her back while he quickly closed the door behind him.

Elvina recovered fast, but not fast enough. A knife was already on her throat,” One trick of yours, and this blade will end your life quicker then a fly that got smacked.”
The man was clearly drunk and insane, but also very dangerous. How could she overlooked this.
Just when he was about to open her clothes the door opened and Sherlin got pierced by a blade.
One of his “buddies” stood over his dead body and helped Elvina up. “I’m sorry commander, i should have known... there were stories about him...”
Elvina thanked the man and looked at the body in her room... “One more casualty...” she whispered as she closed her eyes, leaning against the wall.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:08 pm

92. Orphan

The Sister of the temple smiled to her as she recognized the in black dressed woman.
Elvina remembered her first time here as if it was yesterday. A couple of months ago, not far from the docks she did a horrible discovery.
First she saw one, the two, then a whole bunch... little childs with dirty faces, rags instead of clothes on their body, some sick and near death, living in the most appalling and disgusting conditions. Life in the back alleys was not really a nice sight... the smell, the dirt... it struck her heart... orphans... in this environment... nothing good could come from this.

After asking around she learned that a child catcher was active in these regions, but she couldn’t find herself in his goals. She also learned some Sisters of a nearby temple tried to help the children, now and then a child was admitted in their temple. After a small conversation with the Sisters, Elvina learned they were short on resources... financial mostly.
That was the first time Elvina donated money. Eversince she tries to visit the temple once every two weeks. The kids never saw her and for the Sisters she was a hooded woman dressed in black.... just like tonight.

“Hello miss Kitty!” The Sister embraced Elvina.
“Sister Alina, always nice to see you. How are the children?”
She looked at Elvina,” Let me first ask you,... how are you?”
Elvina shrugged,” I’m... fine, as always, thank you for asking.”
She didn’t like to talk about herself, that was clear for the Sister from the first moment this woman decided to help them.
Sister Alina sighed,” They are fine! As they are always fine everytime you come asking after them.” She studied Elvina’s face. The woman covered her head with a black hood, nevertheless it was obvious she was very beautiful. She was probably a lady, a noble that didn’t wanted to be seen here for some reason. It could not be otherwise as the amounts of gold this woman donated were amazing. Another possibility was that this woman had connections in the crime world and that they were up to something with the kids. But she rejected that possibility quickly after it came up to her. No, this woman had other motives.
And Kitty wasn’t probably even her name.

They had a small conversation, as usual about the progress of some kids. At the end of the visit Elvina left a box behind, brought in by what seemed two bodyguards.
Just before Elvina finished her way to the door, Sister Alina had opened it.
She took a deep breath, “Miss Kitty! You... you can’t do this... thats more then... why...”
Elvina stopped at the door without looking back.
Sister Alina quickly closed the box and walked towards Elvina as it suddenly struck her. “Miss Kitty... are you... an orphan?” she asked softly as she laid her hand on Elvina’s shoulder.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:08 pm

93. No rest

Something stirred the bushes at the sacred elvenplace.
A man appeared at the open spot. He studied the forest church of the elves, his gaze glided along the huge branches as if he was looking for something.
“So here you are... my lovely Zinna,” he mumbled to himself,“ … Interesting... nevertheless, i shall have your spirit... it belongs to me.”
He knew he didn’t had much time before his presence was discovered by the Loremasters.
Before he turned around to leave, he touched the ground with his two hands.
“Soon i will be back to have what is mine, ... and burn this place down if i have to.”
His white teeth flickered in the dark as a grin appeared on his face. “And i will have my diamond...” he whispered as he disappeared in the dark green scenery.

The spirit felt the presence... and it did its best to remember something... flashes of a life ...or dreams... chaos, … fires, … helplessness, … love...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:09 pm

93bis. Surprises

Shayde’s gift was really a surprise. Elvina couldn’t believe it. She never had such a nice dress in whole her life! Yes, besides her dress in which she married more then ten years ago... but even that one was pretty sober compared to this. She was trying it on in Karethias bedroom while he was occupied decorating his house and shop.

For over more then a week now, Elvina was staying at his place from time to time. She offered her help in setting up his shop and gather items. In return she had a place to stay... it took her a bit courage to sleep there actually... but Karethias was one of the few men she trusted... he was a Vanguard after all. And he was a very gentle person.

She decided to put her old dress back on and prepare some food. It had been a while since she cooked. But back home her foster mother learned her everything to prepare a decent meal... and she was pretty good at it back then. It made her think back of those days...

-----
“Elvina, where are my appels,” Sha-’della shouted.
The little girl with her white hair came running up the wooden stairs. “Here mother... i just got back!”
Sha-’della smiled,” Thank you my little girl. Would you like to help me, make some apple pie?”
Little Elvina was looking curious at the table... “Mother what is this... and this?”
“Come, let me show you... first you take two cups of flower, a spoon filled with sugar...”
After a little hour of education and work, Elvina’s pies were put in the wood oven.
While they were cleaning up the table, Elvina, who’s hair became even whiter due the flower, was asking questions about other recipes.

Almost every day Elvina tried to help Sha-’della in the kitchen, preparing all kinds of meals.
One day, years later, her foster mother looked at her and winked while saying,” The road that leads to a man’s heart passes through the stomach.”
Elvina was by then old enough to understand what she meant as she blushed heavily. Moments later she looked at Sha-’della and asked,” Mother, do you really think men will like? I mean... my hair... it...”
Sha-’della giggled,” My dear Elvina... it is beautiful! Don’t worry... i received word that even some young elves are talking about you.”
Elvina’s cheeks turned even more red... but privily... she smiled. Warm feelings took possession of her.
-----

She looked at the temporary kitchen and tried to decide what to do first.
Well, things turned out differently... that was for sure... but now... she wasn’t so sure anymore about it.
"Now, lets see if i still can cook," she whispered.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:09 pm

94. Gone

Elvina stared through the gate at Karethia’s shop. He wasn’t home yet. Tears appeared in
her eyes as she knew where he went. Amilcar escorted him to help him get rid of some
memories... dreams...
Her hands clamped on the bars of the gate, the metal spreading its cold to her fingers. For
a moment it was as if the cold also reached her heart. Would he remember her? Their
friendship...? She was worried about the elf, even though she knew he had seen a
hundred times more things then she had.
Elvina looked one more time at the gate, the guards frowning at her. She would check
upon him as much as she could. The sky was dark; a lot of rain was about to fall... a child
could tell that.

She set course to Two Bridges ...some Kor Ghosts were spotted near the gates. While
sheltering from the rain, she bumped into Fred at the inn. She had known the guy for a
long time but hasn’t seen him in a while. Elvina always suspected that Fred had powers
like hers. They had a drink together and he joined up to investigate the ghost stories.
When they reached the place of evil, they saw a red haired woman fighting against blurry
dark creatures... Kor ghosts.
Elvina and Fred hurried to help her out. She was doing fine, her magical blade making
powerful swings in the air, chopping down the foul things... but the ghosts just kept coming.
After they defeated the ghost “mob” together, the woman introduced herself as Jezel.
It seemed she was investigating the place as well. Elvina observed her while talking. The
woman was wearing a full plate and a big shield. Her sword looked new as it was shining
even in this bloody rain.
Jezel joined them and together they also freed Two Bridges of a horde consisting
of “enthusiastic” lizards. The ghosts didn’t show up anymore, but Elvina decided to warn
the people near the gate. The patrols were doubled and more Elvina couldn't do for now.

She decided to spend the night in Tristan before heading to Ravenswatch the following
morning.
The hay in an old barn kept her warm enough. She barely heard the people in the nearby
inn laughing and talking loudly as her eyes closed for the night.
“Elvina, wake up,” a soft voice whispered.
She shook up, her daggers ready for nearby threats. But she didn’t saw any... dreams
again...
When she was putting on her clothes she noticed they weren’t completely dry yet... the
price for not spending the night in a warm room.
She shrugged as she was used to more than that. A few moments later the Vanguard lady
was heading to Ravenswatch.

Elvina sold some stuff she had found at the shops and decided to check on her friends
who lived in the city. They all seemed out of town, and when she checked the inn Elvina
saw the red haired woman she met the other day.
Jezel offered her a drink and they had a nice conversation... however at some point the
subject got to... Angela. Jezel knew her and just started to talk about her. It made Elvina
rather silent... she still couldn’t place that bluish-haired woman... a former Canite, slave of
a demon, mistress of her deceased ex-wife... she shrugged as she heard Angela only did
good things recently.
Interestingly enough, Elvina also spotted Thana next to the bar.

“Hmm, i need to check if they still have rooms as it is too late for me to travel to Lendose.”
She could slap herself onto the head as she remembered she had just told to Jezel that
Angela had taken over her old room here at the Ravenswatch inn.
Jezel smiled, “Ow, but, perhaps, since you know Angela, you might borrow her room?”
Elvina shivered, “No,no that won’t be necessary... I’ll check for a room and else, oh well, I
sleep a lot in the open.”
Jezel widened her eyes, “But, but... it’s dangerous around here! Sleep outside? No, go
ask if they have rooms …”

Just at that very moment Amilcar arrived at the inn and walked straight towards them.
“Evening... hello Elvina...,” he almost immediately turned to Jezel. “Have you seen Angela?
I’m looking for her.”
Jezel looked at him, “Erh, no, last time I checked she was at the Mystivale inn with Sarlenis...”
“Ow...,” said Amilcar.
Jezel continued, “… And it seems they got drunk. Poor Sarlenis had a huge hangover... so
judging to that I think...”
Amilcar turned white, then red. “Angela drunk...? With Sarlenis?”
Jezel looked at him. “Yes...”
Elvina smiled a bit while she coughed, “Perhaps they had something to celebrate, a little
party... you know...”
Wrong answer, Amilcar seemed upset... not what Elvina intended.
“I have to find her! Speak to her...”
“Well it seems she has a room here,” Elvina started... but Amilcar was already heading in
the direction of the stairs. Elvina wondered if Angela was in trouble. She and Angela were
no friends, but she didn't wish her any harm either.
She shrugged and turned to Jezel with whom she had a little conversation just before she
left.

Turned out all rooms were taken so Elvina had to look for a place to sleep, outside...
It was raining all over again... for a moment it seemed as if the heavy rain clouds from the
other day had a mind of their own, and decided to return to make her wet all over.
Elvina didn’t really care ...at least she tried. 'Only' her hair got messed up and her armor
and everything underneath was soaking wet.
No old barns in this area. Then it struck her, she could always see if Celestia was at the
temple beneath the ruins. She coughed, more heavily than before.

When Elvina descended the stairs she saw immediately no one was there. She walked up
to the chalice and kneeled. After saying a small silent prayer she took a seat on a bench.
When she looked around she found some blankets and wondered...
In one of the dark corners she made a sleeping place, her backpack as pillow and one
blanket between her and the stone floor.
It was cold outside but here, in the temple at least a peaceful feeling seemed to warm her
a bit.
Her clothes were drying next to her, on a pile of rubble.
She coughed again while she looked one more time at the entrance. Her eyes began to
close very slowly, her body shivered a little.
And then, while the whole world around her fell to silence, Elvina got into a feverish sleep.

Elvina was walking down the street as she suddenly saw a familiar face. Karethias!! Yes,
yes, it was him. Tears of happiness appeared in her eyes as she ran to him, embracing
the elf... only... to be pushed away.
She almost fell on the ground. “Wh...?” Elvina started.
His eyes looked angry. “What are you?” he said to her. “I don’t know you, but do never
touch me again. You are a bad person, woman!”
Karethias turned around and walked away, towards his shop.
Elvina was shivering all over her body... what the hell??
She decided to go home... a house at the docks, small, old, but comfy. “Adele...? I’m
home,” she said. The house looked clean... too clean. Then it struck her... everything was
gone, except for a table and two chairs, a bed and an open empty wardrobe. Elvina ran
outside and almost bumped Darion. She was happy to see a friendly face... however
Darion only looked at her with a neutral face and said, “You always look sad when I see
you, Elvina,” he continued his path, leaving her behind in the rain.
Why was it raining again? She took a ship to Morell and at the landing she saw a dark
figure.
It was a man and he was watching her. When she came closer she saw it was Amilcar.
But he didn’t look happy as he saw her. “Have you slept with Angela?! Tell me the truth!”
Elvina shook her head, “Amilcar... what are you talking about... I...”
“ENOUGH, TELL ME!” Amilcar’s eyes were burning, just like hers did when she got angry.
Elvina disappeared into the shadows, avoiding a direct confrontation with someone she
didn’t want to kill.

“My diamond...” a soft voice whispered in her head. On her path to Morell a man stepped
out of the bushes. And behind her she also sensed a presence. A dark mist started to
materialize into a man.
“She is mine, Marrent!” the white teeth of the dark man flickered.
The cloud that became Marrent hissed, “Elvina is born to be a vampire. She knows that,
her heart knows that... she just needs to find her path again.”
The Master laughed, “She will become my Dark Princess!”
Elvina’s blood was boiling, she raised her hellfire, determined to kill two of her worst enemies.
“Seee!! A true diamond!!” the Master cheered while he made a crazy dance.
“A true Daughter of Darkness!” Marrent hissed while he raised his arms in the sky, along
with his cloak it was as if they became huge bat wings.
Elvina’s body started to feel hot... as if her own flames were burning her skin. She started
to sweat, her clothes under her armor got wet.
“LEAVE ME ALONE !!!” she yelled.
And as quickly as they had come, as soon they were gone again.
She fell on the ground, her body was still burning hot... she closed her eyes, crying softly.

A familiar voice whispered, “Elvina … wake up...”

But Elvina didn’t wake up... not anymore...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:10 pm

95. Between truth, lies and misconceptions

It was raining and thundering. High black mountain peaks rose against a ruby red sky.
A woman sat on a rock, her long white hair was the only contrast with the environment which consisted of dark stones, … her body silent, dressed in black, it almost looked as if she made part of the rock itself.

She looked relaxed, as if she felt safe.
Behind her a presence slowly appeared... looking around, and spotting her. It came closer, slowly,and whispering a name... words...
“Butterfly... family... friends... love... child...”
The woman on the rock tilted her head a little as if she tried to catch the words with her ear.

She didn’t notice the presence until it was so close that it touched her.
“Elvina... my child...,” it whispered.
The woman almost flew of the rock, shocked that someone found her.
She turned around, lightning fast, her daggers prepared, eyes full of hate, aiming at what seemed to be an appearance of … Lagnapis?
Another trick! “Go away, haven’t you had enough? Leave me!”
The appearance of Lagnapis stepped closer to her, the woman answered this ‘threat’ by summoning a circle of fire... her hellfire... it was the only protection she had.

“Its me, your friend Archie... Elvina? Do you know the story of the Butterfly...?” Lagnapis started.
The woman narrowed her eyes,” Go away, you’re just a trick...”
Lagnapis ignored her and started to tell a story about a butterfly that left its place to search for a home... a family... friends ...love...
Meanwhile he came closer and closer to the woman who stopped walking back, as if she listened to his calming voice.
But her hellfire was burning and when the druid was only a few metres away from her, she even increased the fire... feeding it... with other things.
She hesitated... “A … trick...”
“It’s me Elvina, Lagnapis...” he smiled and suddenly his appearance became sharper, his eyes flashed green. “Come back to us my child, we... we need you.”
“Tricks!”
The person who was Lagnapis started to talk about her... memories... their first meeting, hunting animals, Ravenswatch, the rats...
“No...., “ the woman said, yet less convinced.
“Yes Elvina,” Lagnapis stepped through the hellfire which didn’t seem to burn him, physically. The hellfire however consisted another pain, Elvina’s inside.
She felt Lagnapis could see now who she really was... her feelings, how she thought about certain things... and it all came back to her, like a mirror. Who she loved, who she cared for, how she really felt about certain things... truth... lies...

Lagnapis didn’t say anything and only smiled, “Come with me my child, you don’t belong here. Step into the light... with me.”

Her hellfire lowered a little and she made a step, two steps... until she noticed another presence.
She stared over Lagnapis shoulder. This new presence was familiar... she hesitated for a moment. A new trick?
“Elvina, its me... are you alright?”
The woman shivered, could this be? Two of her best friends... together? “Cel...?”
Celestia presence became an appearance, not far from her. Celestia reached out slowly to Elvina. “Please, take my hand...”
Elvina started to shake, and raised her hellfire again,” No, its a trick... go away... you are not...”
Celestia came closer,” Elvina, we need you... after everything you achieved, you are not giving up, are you? Remember all the things we've done?...” Celestia started to tell the woman memories, just like Lagnapis did. “... and helping Sammil... and the faerie queen... remember?”
Celestia came closer and closer until she almost touched the hellfire ring. “No...” but the woman sounded rather weak in her defense.
“Dammit, we won't let you give up yet!” Celestia slammed with her hand on the hellfire wall around Elvina.
Again that feeling... Celestia saw her... her true inner self.
“Give me your hand, Elvina, please, come to us.”
The woman slowly raised her arm, but she started to fade, her hellfire was also lowering.
“Elvina!!! Take our hands, here... come with us...”
“Cel...? … Archie...? ”

Celestia readied and slamed her hand through the hellfire. She reached for Elvina with a winced face. After a moment of consideration, Elvina's arm reaches for Celestia's and is pulled hard through the fire which vanished as she did.

Warm... soft under her back. Elvina opened her eyes on a pile of pillows... soft hands on her head and her shoulder. She saw Celestia, eyes worried, Lagnapis with a weak smile, and Erica who slowed down her spell as Elvina woke. The team, exhausted by the trial, could do nothing but smile at the return and awakening of their friend.
“What... happened..?” asked Elvina with a dry soft voice.
Flashes of a dream struck her...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:10 pm

96. Musing

A week after recovering of her illness, the Vanguard woman was back in Lendose. She was worried about the people around here.
She met up with Sir Kadmiel and together they traveled to the battlefields. Down the road they bumped into another party, luckily with the same intentions as theirs.
Sir Phelan was there and Elvina got acquainted with his wife, Naralia... a somewhat mystical but very nice woman. Her friends Darion and Adrian happened to be there too and Elvina was very happy to see them. It also appeared Thana was with them, somewhat distant though.

Together they traveled to the outpost as an army of orcs was spotted. It was almost at the same place as where Elvina had her last fight... and where she lost one man.
The orcs however proved no match for them, the combined forces of her friends and allies smashed the orcs back into the forest.
On the way back to Lendose they had a weird encounter... with a Canite... all alone, all by himself. Elvina didn’t trusted it and offered to “check” him out, but while her eyes were examining the woods and hills on one side and the river on the other, her request was denied. She could have done what she wanted, but she respected Sir Kadmiel and Sir Phelan too much, so she stayed at their side.
The confrontation didn’t go further than exchanging words and Elvina’s personal concern for an ambush proved unnecessary.
Naralia asked Elvina for a personal conversation, asking a bit about herself and why she joined the Vanguard.
Elvina smiled, it was something she would never regret. However, she would love to see Sammil again and learn more about the past of the Vanguard.

Back in Lendose she saw Shayde again while going to the market. They had conversation about some delicate things... Elvina’s love life.
Elvina was surprised about her own thoughts, and even more surprised that she shared some of them with Shayde. As always Shayde proved to be a thoughtful collocutor. Their friendship was growing... Elvina felt Shayde also had a story...
They agreed next time to join the battlefields together.
The next day Elvina ran into Jezel. While showing her around a bit, they met up with Phelan who invited them over for a drink. He told Jezel a bit about his legion and wondered if she would join forces. However, Jezel decided otherwise...
Along with Amilcar, who also showed up, she took Jezel for a scouting operation to the battlefields. Again she proved to be a mighty warrior who was able to fight off orcs when needed.
Both of them noticed Elvina was a bit pale and asked about it. She only waved her hand and said she was fine, mentioning something about recovering further from a disease.
Jezel however wasn’t convinced and noticed that certain subjects in conversations seemed to make Elvina... ‘distracted’, even absently sometimes.
“Everytime when its about love, or Angela, you seem to respond in a ‘way’, Elvina...” Jezel was very straight and she told Elvina they would talk about it later...
Elvina wondered... perhaps it was for the best, to talk... but not now... not yet.
Flashes of her dream were still hitting on her... and this confrontation with Lagnapis and Celestia in it...
About some things she was certain, others were just... clouded, blurred.
Elvina shrugged... later.

It sure has been an eventful week... not to mention … the kiss.
Elvina shivered a little when recalling. It was real.... it wasn’t a dream. Surely, they were both confused a bit after it happened. But, it wasn’t a bad feeling... because on the moment itself, when their lips touched each other... she had butterflies in her stomach.
And that was a feeling Elvina hadn't had for a long time.
And it only grew stronger, … with the second time they kissed.
She would be careful though... only slowly letting out her feelings... considering... wondering how this would evolve.

Elvina closed her eyes and fell asleep on her bed in the Mistyvale inn... missing the arms around her.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:11 pm

97. Challenge

It was as if night fell, the wind was gaining strength and rain was about to fall. Elvina winced, but the Two Bridges inn wasn’t far away anymore. The forest, however, was growing dark already, even though it was early evening.
She came back from the groove but took a detour to gather some herbs and mushrooms. At least she would stay dry there under the leaves and from the border of the forest it was less than an hour walk.
But, it was not worth it travelling quickly and noisily. She used all her stealth skills to remain hidden from any possible threats. Her backpack was loaded as well, not only with green and red plants but also with some old decent gear she had found between the rocks near the groove. It would deliver some coin, a bit of which she could use to stay at the inn. Another part was as usual for the orphans, and just a little bit was for her, maybe... someday... for a little place of her own. She smiled, and then she could also welcome her friends, just like they did. But... it was still a dream... and still far away... yet, one that gave her hope. She just needed to have faith...

It started to rain, Elvina heard the tinkling of drops on the leaves above her. The forest was silent, as if it was holding its breath for what was about to come. The darkness proved to be a challenge for her to find a path between the broken branches and slippery rocks. Here between the thick vegetation the wind was reduced to an annoying whisper.
She cursed softly as she knew she was on the verge of getting really wet as soon as she left the forest.
A bunch of giant rocks was blocking the way down and instead of climbing over them, Elvina decided to walk around. Just when she was going to move on, a soft familiar, nearly hearable voice whispered “Elvinaaaa...”
The woman stopped and looked around, standing very silent while she remained cloaked. After a couple of minutes she shook her head... probably her mind again, playing tricks on her, along with the wind.

Her hand strengthened the grip on her backpack again when she decided to move on. But before she took two more steps, she heard it again, closer this time, and even clearer.
“Elvinaaaaa.....”
She just knew she was in danger and dropped her backpack. Within seconds her dagger and small shield were in place. While scouting the area only with her eyes, she whispered some words to improve her defenses. Had she got more time, she would even search her backpack for some nasty scrolls... but it was too late. She had to stay on her guard.
Staying silent and covered was probably the best option; however, her back was unguarded so she decided to move a little backwards towards the rocks.

Suddenly the voice was back, closer than before and coming from behind her… calling her name with a chilling tone... Elvina shivered as she slowly turned around and looked up.
Against the dark grey sky a black silhouette was visible. A man... not too big, was standing high upon the rocks. She recognized him when he smiled, showing perfect white teeth, which flickered even in that hellish darkness.
“YOU!!!!” Elvina’s eyes flamed as she realised who he was... the Master was standing up there, just within reach.
The man only smiled while he talked with a smooth voice, “So... are you going to set the forest on fire this time? Is that the way to greet an ol’ friend?”
“I don’t care, even if...”
The Master interrupted her and finished the sentence in her place, “… even if you have to burn down the whole world ....?” He smiled. “Go ahead, my diamond. Oooorrrr ..., you can also first listen to what I have to say... about Zinna.”
Elvina’s flaming hands opened and a ray of fire was thrown in his direction.
The Master simply disappeared and the flames struck the stones where he had just stood before. Realizing that he had escaped, Elvina retreated in the shadows.
She heard a chuckle and then a sarcastic voice, “Come out, come out, whereever you are... Elvinaaaa… you can’t hide from me.”

Elvina turned her gaze to the forest and suddenly heard the voice just behind her. “Now, THAT was not nice of you... am I trying to kill you?”
He surely dared, the Master was standing only a couple of feet from her.
She raised her hellfire which was only responded by more chuckling. “Dear girl, you are so fiery and easily provoked. I can help you control that...”
“PROVOKED?!! PROVOOOKED??!!! YOU killed Zinna and YOU ruined our lives and many others’ along with it. WHAT did YOU expect???!! That I would embrace you??!! Come here and I’ll embrace you with my ‘kindness’ !!!” Before he could respond she lashed out with her hellfire, this time hitting him fully on the chest. His body disappeared for a moment in the smoke of the blast.
For a moment everything was silent and while the smoke was still clearing up she heard his voice again, which sounded a bit angry. “After I am done with you, you might even be able to kill me... but for now you will listen to me.” Orange-reddish eyes appeared within the smoke, only to be followed by a silhouette approaching her from out of the mist.

Suddenly Elvina lowered her hellfire, took up her backpack and said,“ You are right, you are not trying to kill me and obviously I can’t kill you... so, what is the point?” While saying the last words she turned around and started to walk away, leaving the Master with his mouth open behind.
He chuckled...
While Elvina continued finding her path down she heard his voice somewhere sideways,“ Very good my girl... you are starting to get a grip on yourself. When did this happen...? I certainly didn’t teach you that”. His giggling was nauseating.
She ignored him, biting her lip and clenching her fists.
His voice sounded sarcastic,“ I see you are finally listening to me, so it will be brief before you change your mind... again...ow... that reminds me... how is your love these days?”
Elvina stopped and slowly turned to him. He stepped out of the dark forest, fearlessly.
She dropped her backpack… “Why don’t we settle this the old-fashioned way? You and me, right here, right now... only with a dagger?”
The Master grinned,“ You see, now that is why I like you Elvina, you just keep on surprising me. An amazing AND an astonishing woman. But anyways... no... thank you for the offer.”

Elvina yawned,“ You know what I am wondering about... WHY the effort? WHY going through all the trouble approaching me? WHY don’t you just abduct me and make me your ‘Princess?”
More chuckles.
“Because, my dear girl, I realised something… You are not finished here, not yet. You are evolving... in a dark and beautiful way... you...”
Elvina’s eyes were almost spitting fire, “You know nothing about me!! So stop…”
This time the Master interrupted her, “Miss Kitty, more than you think. I even knew your parents.”
Elvina turned pale and fell silent.
The Master grinned, “I see I finally got your attention. Now my beloved diamond, would you like to hear a story?”
She was raging on the inside as she knew he knew he touched a sensitive spot. But she decided to remain calm, let him talk and make errors. She needed to find a way to take him out... but she also understood she was not capable enough... not all by herself. She definitely needed help and for now it seemed she wasn’t in danger, not immediately. So... let him talk, but don’t make it too easy for him.

Elvina picked up her backpack and turned around. “You can tell me on the way to Two Bridges... ‘dear’ Master.”
He chuckled, “My oh my... are we starting to learn manners? However, it IS very rude to walk away like that.”
Elvina shrugged and continued her path down. “It is also rude to kill people...”
She knew he was following her. He said, “Your parents were merchants. They traveled a lot, and as soon as you were old enough they took you with them. Your mother was an astonishing beautiful woman... just like you. But you and she also share other features... your magic. And it was impossible for your father to resist her. As a matter of fact... he should have felt lucky with such a woman at his side... lucky that she chose him. She was truly … amazing...”
Elvina was walking a bit slower as he paused, saying nothing for a moment.
“Elvina… I knew your mother... I knew her very well...”
She stopped and shivered. What did he mean? It was hard to resist but she didn’t turn around.
“She used to be my wife, Elvina.”
“STOP WITH YOUR LIES!!” Elvina turned around. “Don’t you get it? I DON’T BELIEVE A DAMN WORD YOU ARE SAYING!”
This time the Master didn’t smile, his face was completely neutral.

“So far Elvina, I didn’t tell you one lie. I have been completely honest with you. I have told you how I looked at you... my Princess. True or not?”
Elvina continued her path again, “This is ridiculous. I will be honest with you too... take a hike!!” Hundreds of questions were burning on her tongue, but she refused to admit she was interested in the stories of a devil.
“I know what you are thinking now Elvina... and the answer is no.”
She stopped again.
“I am not your father, Elvina. However… I loved your mother. The fact that she... they died... doesn’t make it easier. I lost sight of her and she...”
“What the hell do you want from me?” Elvina said.
The Master smiled, “I already told you that. I want you at my side. But now... first I would like to help you... with Zinna. What happened to her, reminded me of what happened to your mother.”
Elvina was confused, “Help me with... I don’t need help at all, and Zinna is...”
“... Safe?” the Master grinned… ”Elvina... we can bring her back”.
Elvina looked at him, “Bring...”

Now that Elvina was showing interest, the Master quickly continued, “You heard me. And I can also help you with other things... Elvina... your real name... and … your brother...”
The Master smiled as he saw tears appear in Elvina’s eyes. He touched the right strings and looked at the woman who was just standing there, staring in the dark forest while raindrops started to fall.
For a moment it was as if the silence that hung between them was unbreakable. Elvina was considering... that was for certain.

Elvina had the feeling of being torn apart. She knew this could bring her to the wrong path again, a path she had left long ago. However this was her chance to learn her true name, to find the rest of her family... her brother.
She was recalling something Celestia said long time ago about digging in someone’s own past, and maybe finding something unpleasant. Could this be the case?
On the other hand she learned to never trust a devil... then again... who did she really trust these days?
There was no one else around, no one to help or give her advice ... she had no choice; she needed to do this all by herself... deciding... it was a real challenge.

Elvina approached the devil only to stop five feet away of him. He raised his eyebrows before his mouth split into a wide smile...
… Which would be wiped off soon enough, Elvina grinned to herself.
She spoke with a hoarse voice,” I’m tired, and tired of this, you wanna know what i think? I think you don’t have much power here in my world and i think for some reason you need help... my help. Isn’t that the true reason why you don’t kill me or abduct me? Yea, sure, there is a big chance you told me the truth... but i think you are not telling everything. That Shadowguard of yours... the ones who killed Zinna...” her tone changed to more angry now,”... i bet that trick was costly. If you really think to earn my help in exchange for some stories about myself... of which i doubt you will tell them completely... you got it all wrong!”

The Master just stood there, keeping his wide smile. Her heart was screaming for revenge, she barely managed to control herself... but for how much longer?
She decided to move on, another attempt of turning her back.
He chuckled,” Not only for the family stories my lovely diamond... but for Zinna...”
Elvina didn’t look back after she stopped. ”The past is the past,” she said softly.
The Master continued his sentence,“... And for your brother, … Artega..., who is in great danger.”
“What...”
He walked closer to Elvina,” It is like you said, my diamond, i don’t have that much power here, so i’m afraid i can’t help your brother... but you can.”
Elvina could just feel it was a trap. But could she ignore this? That old woman in Cear talked about someone that looked like her, and also called him Artega. She turned around...

An hour later the Blackguard woman left the forest. At the border of the vegetation someone watched her depart. But instead of the Master it was a little old lady, sniggering and whispering,” ... Artega...”
The bushes behind the lady moved. A black horse with flaming eyes appeared, its breathing sounded more like growling. Its rider was a tall man with white hair in a pony tail. His eyes spread a soft white light as he followed the old lady’s gaze.
“Is it my turn, Master?”
The little old lady smiled,” Not yet my dear boy, not yet... don’t underestimate her.”
Without looking down the man said,” And what about blue-hair?"
She looked up at the rider,” Patience my boy, ... soon enough, and after i’m done with her, she will be all yours...” She chuckled, spreading a creaking sound.
That seemed to please the rider as a little but sardonic smile appeared on his face.

Together they watched Elvina until she was a small dot at the horizon... and should someone been watching them he would noticed after blinking with his eyes, that they suddenly were gone... except for a smell of sulfur...

Hell of a life - Page 4 Besi0n

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:12 pm

98. Little talks

It has been a while ago, but Elvina decided to make notes again in her dairy. With a sigh she dropped on the ground, her muscles feeling weak. Before she started to write, Elvina mumbled some words of a scroll... although temporary, she felt a bit better again after it.
For a moment she closed her eyes, as if to focus on her inner spirit.
In the corner of the temple she opened up her little book.

“Day three at the temple of Farallis. Bodies everywhere and the sick keep dropping in. So far, no familiar faces among the piles of death, but i’m afraid that won’t last long.
Sir Kadmiel, truly amazing how he walks between the sick, yet he seems untouched by the disease. Something to do with his god he said. I gave him all the gold I could find in my pocket and asked him to bring it to the orphans. Even though I hope not to join the ranks of the dead soon... there is a big chance I might sooner or later.

It is weird how in these dark times there is still room for nicer things, like making friends. I was so glad Jezel was my backup when I today took Webber into custody. The friendship between me and her is growing and it is certainly nice to have someone to talk to these days, as only a healthy fool would step in here.
Darion, one of my best friends, I couldn’t believe it... he had to see the misery with his own eyes and now he was sick too. He continued denying it, but I know better, I saw his hands shiver and I bet he realized … but refused to accept. Damn Bronze...

What was in the minds of all these people before they died? Were they scared, did they think it wouldn’t be that bad or did they hope for a cure before their eyes would close permanently?
Did they discuss their fears with others or did they keep their thoughts just to themselves? Did some suddenly start to worship any gods or did they just get drunk?

If I die … it would be good for one thing though : Evil could never again lay its grasp on me, as for now it never seems letting me go, looking me up all the time and for what? Why?
I certainly miss Celestia to talk about these things, talking sense into me, making me stronger. Darion said she was fine and I beg to any gods, if they exist, to keep it that way.

That reminds me that I used to have these little talks with Zinna. Up to recently I believed I could only bring her back in thought, but now... I don’t know anymore.
Will I see her again, will I be allowed to wherever she is now?
I am afraid... afraid to die in solitude. At this very moment the thought of my foster parents being worried about me, not showing up anymore, drives me crazy. But if I send them a message about my current condition, nothing in the world would stop them coming here... even if it means getting infected themselves.

And that defines my everlasting struggle : what is right, what is wrong?”

Elvina closed her little book and looked at Webber, doing his … thing under Kadmiels watchful eyes. Sleep was coming for her as the symptoms of the disease took the upper hand again.
Tomorrow she would ride again and pay her sick friends a visit.
After all, it could always be the last time...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:13 pm

99. Visit

A knock on the wooden door. A woman with messed up white hair in a creased dress opened it, her eyes a bit sleepy.
“Hello Elvina...” Angela smiled faintly. “Can I talk to you....?” She stopped as she realised how Elvina looked. “O… maybe later?”
The white-haired woman widened her eyes a bit, “But you aren’t sick… are you?”
Angela smiled, “I have found a way to protect myself, temporarily though. I heard from Amilcar you were sick, so...” Her eyes looked a bit worried at Elvina’s face.
“It is okay Angela, you can come in...”
But as Angela walked in, Elvina realized the mess in her room and turned a bit red.
Her visitor examined the room with her eyes. At the back-end of the bed the ground was strewn with pillows. The sheets hung carelessly, partly on the bed, partly on the floor. A few plates and half empty cups spread over the room. On Elvina’s desk stood a bottle of wine and Angela also noticed a flavor of tea in the air.
“I... I was about to clean...”

With an open mouth she turned to Elvina “Did you… had... a party?” She grinned first but started to giggle as she noticed Elvina’s cheeks turning very red.
“You’re not funny Angela”. She blushed even harder when Angela started to laugh.
“I’m sorry Elvina, it’s just … sooo nice to have a little fun even in these dark times”. She looked around again. “So, are you...?” She studied Elvina’s face carefully.
“Yes… I’m seeing someone... NOW happy?!”
Angela stopped laughing but kept a smile, “As a matter of fact, yes I am a bit... because you are doing better than I expected.”
“Are you done...?” Elvina weakly protested.
“Almost… is it... someone I know?”
“Angela !”
Angela chuckled, “Alright, alright. Now… I also came to tell you I want to help finding a cure. Too many people are sick, I also heard about the temple...”
Elvina looked at her, “Don’t go there Angela...”
“No, I won’t. So, you are with the Vanguard... any clues, any leads... as there are rumors Canites are involved”.
Elvina shook her head, “I don’t know. First I thought so, but I heard they are sick too. However, I couldn’t verify that. And Webber isn’t sa...” Elvina shuts as she sees Angela’s eyes widening.
“WEBBER?? What about him?”
Elvina sighed, “I took him into custody and...”
Angela almost raged, “You did what... you didn’t kill him?! Where is he?!”
“Angela, calm down... I had my reasons... something to do with finding a cure...”
“WHERE?!”
“No, I’m not telling you. Take it easy girl. If you want him dead, get in line...but not before the order is given”.
Angela mumbled something before saying “So, you want me … to check out the Canite place, their fort?”
“No… stay away from there. They’ll kill you at first sight. If you want to help... ask Sir Kadmiel... or even my Captain, Sammil Card of the Vanguard.”
Angela nodded, “Very well... ehm... anything else...” she looked around with a smile… “… you need?” Her played observation stopped at an armor in the corner of the room. “That is a nice piece of equipment”, she said as she touched it, “Where did you found this?”
“Ehm... I didn’t...”
Angela looked over her shoulder and saw Elvina turning red again, “Oo... ooww... it s from... ahh, I see...” she turned back to the armor, “Hmm, it looks familiar to me....”
With a smile she got up and looked at Elvina again... who seemed plunged into thoughts.

“Hey... are you feeling well?” Angela started after a moment of silence.
Elvina took place on a large chest.
“Angela... who is the Master? I mean, what can you tell me about him?”
The woman let out a deep sigh. “Elvina, that is quite the story and at the same time it can be very brief. What do devils want? That is what he wants. But you can also ask yourself this... devils use each of their own ways in reaching their goals... and that is for each devil personal: How does the Master seek to reach his goal? Obviously, you are in his plans. He wants you to gain his souls. And with these souls he can fight for instance other devil lords. They deliver him power... he believes with you at his side he also increases his prestige.”
Elvina shivered, “But I’m only...”
“A witch?” Angela finished Elvina’s sentence, “You are more Elvina... much more. With the right attention and training, you would be a tough competitor in hell as your powers fit the ‘environment’. It would even increase your powers where any other normal creatures’ powers would be reduced.”
Elvina noticed something, “You talk as if you have experience... how long have you been there?”
Angela shivered, “About forty or fifty human years passed before I got back out... but for me, it seemed like hundreds of years. Good thing I didn’t aged much”. She rearranged her blue hair a little. “Anyways, I have seen some people like you there, Hellfire Warlocks traveling the Lower Planes. And where others can barely breathe, they seemed to revive.”

Elvina seemed to think a little. “What is his name, Angela? His true name?”
Angela sighed, “I really don’t know girl... how much I would like to help you with that one”.
“Angela, isn’t it strange after all those years, that you never heard someone calling his name once. I mean, did everyone always just called him ‘Master’? I find that hard to believe.”
The bluish-haired woman took place next to Elvina. “I’m sorry... but, why do you want his name... are you... no... I mean, are you serious...?”
Elvina’s face looked determined but she didn’t answer. Instead she asked another question. “Do you know any guy named... Artega?”
Angela’s face turned pale. “Ssstttt... don’t say that name out loud. Yes I have met him a couple of times... but where the hell did you get that name from??”
Again Elvina didn’t answer but asked softly, “Where is he...?”
“He is one of those Hellfire Warlocks I met in the Lower Planes... I have no idea w...”
Elvina interrupted her, “WHAT ?! He has been there?”
“But, who is he to you, how do you know that name?”
Elvina tried to calm down before answering, “He’s my brother, Angela...”

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 16, 2017 3:13 pm

100. Things worth living for

Her hand stroked the face of her love who was in a deep sleep right now. The head was still feeling warm and Elvina was worried.
But she was told the spell that kept her love into this sleep was needed... however, it wouldn’t be long anymore before it would wear off.
Elvina sat on a old chair next to the bed and closed her eyes. Just before and during this plague, so many things happened. And a few of them led to insight.
She was sick for almost nine days... most people died after less than two weeks... and yet... she tried to hold on to life. It was in these dark days she realised she had actually much to live for... however, some lessons that led her to this conclusion were bitter, while others were just heartwarming.

For instance, the child that stumbled and fell in the doorway of the inn... the harsh Plague doctor telling Elvina coldly he needed to end the kids' suffering. That experience hit her deep in the heart. She remembered pushing the doctor away and picking up the child from the cold doorstep.
Eventually he deceased in a warm bed, surrounded by a couple of caring people... and that event would be engraved in her soul forever.
For a moment she could only think about all those parents who lost their childs in this plague... in their arms... slowly fading away from this existence.
And it made her cry... a lot. Her love was near her when it happened... and they found solace in each other's arms.
She knew, if she would survive this, she would support the orphans even harder...

Shayde... by this time she considered her not only as a Sister within the Vanguard, but also as a true sister. A couple of days ago they shared secrets with each other... and it made Elvina realise that there were people who she could trust... maybe even ask for help... not exactly her forte.
After her conversation with Shayde she decided to ask herself with who she would share her problem with the Master. In her mind she went back to that forest... the conversation with him. At that moment she was smart, and didn’t make any plans in her head while talking to him as she knew he was able to pick up her thoughts.
But now and on other moments when she was alone, Elvina’s mind was ‘occupied’, trying to figure a way...

Totally unexpected, one of her best friends, without having any knowledge of her problem, ‘offered’ her a way out.
The day after Shayde visited her, she looked him up again at his house... and told him everything... well, almost everything. And it was surprising how that turned out. It seemed when you shared a secret with people, they tend to share secrets with you as well.
If she survived this disease, after it... she would wait for his call... and go...
But not before she told some other people what she was about to do.
Her brother needed to be saved... her real brother...

And today... after many weeks, she saw Celestia again. To Elvina’s surprise and joy, she seemed immune to the plague. How could she have been worried about Celestia... after all, she is the Lightbringer... and... an angel.
Almost at the same time, Lagnapis joined them... and he didn’t look good. One moment she was filled with joy... the next she felt sad. Another one of her best friends sick... Archie...
Besides her foster parents, he was the closest thing to having a father... even more... along with Incha, he was a guide to her. And, … she would fight for him... damn plague... damn cure... she would fight for all her friends.
The three of them discussed the plague, and Celestia seemed convinced it was rather a curse. It changed the point of view to Elvina, but she still didn’t had any idea how to help.
Her friends had also other things to attend to and Elvina decided to look them up again, later.

And she could go on like that for hours, enumerating... nevertheless always coming back to the same conclusion.
Paradoxically... ‘things’ you would die for, often proved to be ‘things’ worth living for...

Elvina kissed her love softly on the forehead and left the room... only to return after a few hours.
And they would have a long talk...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next